Saturday, August 2nd 2014, 8:30am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 2:20pm

TI2 KEYBOARD WON'T APPEAR IN LOGIC DUE TO USB ROOT HUB ISSUES (MACBOOK PRO 15)

Hey new to the forum and new to logic and macs!!!!

I have spent 3 days installing and uninstalling the ti. It appears as ok briefly if i launch the control centre outside of logic to do a status check. However after this an error message appears referring to a usb root hub is shared internally and the ir receiver (i assume a potential future purchased/activated apple remote) is conflictiing with the total integration. This is where the os update got in a loop and i had to keep unpluggeing and holding down the exit button.

So I disabled the ir receiver in hope the ti would have room to breathe inside so to speak (we know how they like their own road to the city) updated the lated os and rebooted etc, still no luck in logic. I cannot get it to appear as a plugin, I am starting to wonder if it's a setting in logic. But this time when logic opened it recognized 4 audio units (other updates on various hardware also) but again warned of the same ir device causing artefacts and issues within the ti. I tried the other usb port ( obv. only 2 availabale) one runs a hub and the other was/is meant for the ti.

Pleeeeeease does somebody know how to fix this, or have they experienced the same issues running a macboook pro 2009 with logic and a ti?

I am all ears

Cheers

Matt

macbook pro 15 2.66ghz i7
8 gb ram
500gb hdd
logic pro 9
rme fireface 400

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 6:31pm

the error message is there to inform you that there is a hub in between. the hub in this case is on the motherboard. you should just ignore the message, the onboard hubs on recent intel i5/i7 boards do not cause problems. if the virus does not appear in logic (you should provide more details here), this is another problem which support can help you with.

best, marc
The official Virus TI facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/accessvirus

Thursday, October 7th 2010, 8:47pm

Dear Marc

as i recognized The New Intel Cpu i3/i5/i7 work with intel p55-q57-h55-h57 and x58 chipset series which is handled by intel 5/3400 drivers series , i tested all these chipsets and i found they can't provide correct usb bandwidth for usb 1.0 devices , i suppose , such as audio interfaces.
i think Intel changed some algorithm or data sheet for bandwidth transferring...
so something should be change there....maybe driver programing is one the solution...

Best Regards;
DAW: Cubase 6.5.4 (64 Bit)
Virus TI OS:4.5.3
---------------------------
Synth : Virus Ti Desktop,Virus Ti Snow,Nord Stage ex88,Roland Mc-909
PC : Core i7 870 ,8.0 GB Ram
Mac : Macbook Pro Mid 2012 ,Core i7 ,8GB Ram

Friday, October 8th 2010, 12:02am

Dear Marc

as i recognized The New Intel Cpu i3/i5/i7 work with intel p55-q57-h55-h57 and x58 chipset series which is handled by intel 5/3400 drivers series , i tested all these chipsets and i found they can't provide correct usb bandwidth for usb 1.0 devices , i suppose , such as audio interfaces.
i think Intel changed some algorithm or data sheet for bandwidth transferring...
so something should be change there....maybe driver programing is one the solution...

Best Regards;

all i can say is that for instances the summer 2010 mac book pros work fine here, same goes for instance for imacs bought in early 2010.

marc

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 12:11pm

cheers guys, but all i know is that i uninstalled and reinstalled the latest official os (4.0.5.01 i think) and it wouldn't even recognize the virus in control centre! It plays through the headphone output grand, but all the same i think the extra features the virus advertises would be cool too :cursing:

So.... the same process was repeated (hold exit and restart) only now it reported the error msg with the built in isight camera! a fresh issue.

@ marc, if i click ignore, not rescan thats the whole issue, it goes into usb update os mode and just won't close down or proceed. And as for logic and more info, it seems that the ti should appear in my library on the right hand of the page (correct), as it seems thats where the logic inbuilt instruments appear. I clicked on the instrument tab in the channel strip, i tried audio, software inst and ext midi) no luck on either..at best the ti turned up as virus ti mdi and virus ti synth but when i loaded it all that came up were the empty patch bank and numbers, no giu or sounds!! and the keyboard is transmitting midi as the display in the bottom shows activity.

So what's the deal...is it my lack of knowledge (which may i mention b4 i installed and ran a ti desktop on a windows laptop and it worked flawlessly), logic's fault, the chipset in mac, the os compatibility or am i the worlds unluckiest owner of the worlds greatest synth?

Please enlighten me here, i pray for guidance oh ye gurus of audio :)

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 12:12pm

haha i type shithouse.. i meant gui not giu 8o

Saturday, October 9th 2010, 8:35pm

i'm very sure that it works with logic and every mac currently available (+ the ones in the past). i never heart of a general incompatibility with a certain mac model. why don't you get in touch with support and let them help you out?

marc

Sunday, October 10th 2010, 2:30pm

sent a cry for help out yesterday..guess on monday europe time they will get to me :)

tried uninstall and reinstall on the other poert just then..same thing...no luck

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 1:57am

help please!

i got this same message, and i accidentally checked the box saying i would not like to be informed again of a hub sharing the usb device. ever since i checked that option and hit 'ignore' my virus will not properly connect w/ logic. how do i get the message to come up again in the future? i can't find that setting anywhere in logic. thanks!!

Monday, May 23rd 2011, 12:12pm

RE: help please!

i got this same message, and i accidentally checked the box saying i would not like to be informed again of a hub sharing the usb device. ever since i checked that option and hit 'ignore' my virus will not properly connect w/ logic. how do i get the message to come up again in the future? i can't find that setting anywhere in logic. thanks!!

the message just informs you that a root hub is present. dismissing it doesn't alter any setting, so something else has happened i guess. you should contact access support - they'll help you out.

best, marc