Thursday, July 24th 2014, 9:20pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 2:10pm

TI1 vs TI2 - MIDI Control Mode - Certain Controls Aren't Mappable

I own a TI 1 Keyboard and certain controls aren't mappable in MIDI Control Mode. You seem to have disabled them for use in MIDI Control Mode.

These controls are:

Filter Balance
OSC Balance
Semitone
+ All of the buttons are not mappable.

I was just wondering why? Surely when the synth is in MIDI Control mode all of the controls should be mappable. That's what I expected before I bought the synth.

So anyways in the future I may decide to sell my TI1 so that I can upgrade to a TI2 model for extra polyphony. But I want to know is there any difference in these 2 models when it comes to MIDI Control mode?

Are the above controls I listed mappable with a TI2 synth? Or is it simply the same?

Thursday, May 12th 2011, 11:27pm

the buttons cannot be used. this was always the case and will not change for technical reasons, sorry.

best, marc
The official Virus TI facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/accessvirus

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 5:46pm

Cheers for getting back to me.

Ok so the buttons were never much a problem to me anyways and as for the following controls:

Filter Balance
OSC Balance
Semitone

It's been a while since I used the mapping page on the plug-in and I remember now that it's not that you cant map them but rather that they have silly ranges.

Instead of outputing the normal 0 to 127 like any normal MIDI control would those 3 controls instead output a range of 0 to 9

This makes them impossible to work with. Is there any special thing I can input in the hexadecimal field to correct this?

In other words, can we correctly scale the range? Or are we stuck with 3 utterly pointless controls? :whistling:

Regards
Paul

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Debrecini" (May 16th 2011, 4:07am)

Monday, May 16th 2011, 4:30am

Upon further digging this is fast turning into a bug report.

After starting from a blank initialized template I am not experiencing this odd behavior. So problem solved.
But you may want to analyze whats going on in the Remote Control template linked.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j1x6d6b5a43i649

This template just like many others I created has this odd bug.

So for ages I stayed away from those 3 controls but at least you may be able to get to the bottom of this bug and now I know how to avoid it.

Regards
Paul