Friday, August 22nd 2014, 7:54am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

bagpula

Unregistered

Friday, August 19th 2011, 12:59pm

my virus settup don't work perfect

now i use Sonar and Virus Ti works only if i press the LIVE button in the plugin window . If i don't press Live i'm out of sync. My sound card is ECHO audio fire 8. Audio Buffer is sett to 128 and i have the last updates . With LIVE mode ON Virus works pretty well but i can't record arps and when i try to record Virus signal to Sonar, sometimes Virus react out of sync so i nee to record again .

Until now the only solution i have discovered was to press Live mode, to use USB only for MIDI while sending audio thru the Virus analog out ,Another negative solution is to not use the Virus plugin at all.If i'm using Virus without the plugin i have no problems with the sync 8| . So the plugin is the problem . I'm also the owner of Motif XS . Motif works just perfect with the editor ...

Friday, August 19th 2011, 1:28pm

the analog outs are not in time when you use virus control. please read the documentation instead of complaining about stuff which is documented at various places. it has been suggested to you before to use the USB outs when you want the sound to be in time with virus control.
best, marc
The official Virus TI facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/accessvirus

bagpula

Unregistered

Friday, August 19th 2011, 5:05pm

ok but is working only in live mode with loosing a little latency

Friday, August 19th 2011, 5:36pm

i don't understand what you mean. please explain.
marc

bagpula

Unregistered

Friday, August 19th 2011, 9:03pm

i don't understand what you mean. please explain.
marc
you told me that LIVE mode button should not be pressed because Virus Ti becomes unstable ...etc . For me LIVE on is the only solution no matter if i use Virus USB audio out or Virus analog outs . Or if i use Virus sound card or Echo 8 sound card . If i use Virus USB audio outs it seems that Virus ARP works much better . :thumbup: Now i 'm a little satisfied because the ARP problem was solved after i switched to Virus USB audio outputs .I was thinking that USB audio outs have a weaker sound but maybe is only the volume . I'm not 100% sure about the quality of USB vs analog outs . Using Virus USB outs I'm starting to lose Virus latency after i use a few plugins & all 3 Virus USB outs are working . Maybe i miss a setting ?

Friday, August 19th 2011, 9:15pm

okay, i think i start to understand what you are doing. use the USB outs and let access support help you to understand how things work. the arp's timing doesn't change depending on which output you're using. what's changing is the timing of the output. the arp doesn't behave differently using USB but the timing will be okay. USB doesn't have a weaker sound, it is the same signal. what is weaker is the signal level - try to not have everything on 0dB and things are going to be fine. the virus is not very "hot" in signal level when you're using the USB parts. that's because it needs headroom because you don't want a squashed signal when you're playing more than a few voices. but you're in the digital domain. you don't need to mix "hto" on channel strip level.
hth, marc

bagpula

Unregistered

Friday, August 19th 2011, 11:14pm

ok thks :thumbsup: i stay with USB outs . More strange a lot of Virus users believe USB outs are more weaker in quality compared to Virus analog outs 8| I read this info over and over on all forums )) lool