Saturday, August 2nd 2014, 6:30am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 11:40am

Quoted
record an playback parameters automation via MIDI (old way style, like Virus C) and keep the use of Virus Control at the same time

is already possible.

Hi Ace17,

I try what you said and :
- if VC is not open, it works with midi notes and midi controllers (not interresting for me)
- if VC is open, this only works for midi notes, and not for midi controllers

Maybe I was not clear, but what I want to do is to record midi controllers (like cutoff automation) via midi with VC open. It seems that when you open VC, midi controllers moves are no more send from the virus, as the knobs control the plugin in seq mode. I can understand that, but unfortunatelly automation of VC in Protools is just unusable cause of the lots of bugs... That's why I ask for this feature.

nms

Intermediate

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 9:38pm

it's a bit hard to understand you.
What do you mean by "record midi controllers via midi"? Can you be specific?
you seem to be talking about recording the knob movements of the virus, since you haven't mentioned any other gear.
Either that or you are talking about something else:
I can record the knob movements of my moog voyager which runs midi into my virus which passes it along into Ableton via usb.

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 1:59pm

Hi nms,

Yes, I mean "recording the knob movements of the virus" (with VC open !). I don't want to do this with plugin automation because VC has a big bug in the rtas version. So I want to record knob mouvements in a midi track.

Monday, September 19th 2011, 4:22pm

Hi nms,

Yes, I mean "recording the knob movements of the virus" (with VC open !). I don't want to do this with plugin automation because VC has a big bug in the rtas version. So I want to record knob mouvements in a midi track.

you could use the remote mode for that. choose the virus a-b-c template. that doesn't give you access to everything within one template but it's a start.

marc
The official Virus TI facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/accessvirus

Tuesday, September 20th 2011, 11:55pm

Hi Marc,

what do you mean by "choose the virus a-b-c template" ?

Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 10:59am

remote mode has a template called virus-a-b-c. if you choose that in remote mode, the knobs send the same controllers they would send in normal midi operation.
best, marc
The official Virus TI facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/accessvirus