Thursday, July 31st 2014, 9:22am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Saturday, January 21st 2012, 6:50pm

Problem with Init tone [virus ti snow]

Hey guys

we have a problem with the init tone in virus ti snow. Every time when we want to make a new saw or other sounds we start with the init tone. But when we put 4 beats into the piano roll and we listen to this init tone, every tone sounds a little bit different just like a phaser. Actually every tone in virus library has this god damned phaser and we dont find the button to switch this phaser off. Have you the same problem? Could you please help us? :S

Thank you

Saturday, January 21st 2012, 7:50pm

Try the -START- patch, instead of the -INIT- patch.

Saturday, January 21st 2012, 9:05pm

Turn Oscillator 2 detune to 0 ;)

Ace17

Trainee

Saturday, January 21st 2012, 9:19pm

Set the phase-init parameter (oscillator section) to anything else than 0.
This phaser effect you're hearing is due to the two slightly detuned oscillators interfering with each other, creating a flanger effect. By setting the phase-init to some non-zero value, you reset the phase of both oscillators each time you press a key, forcing them to always interfere in the same way.

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 10:04am

...or use only one oscillator, if you don't need the other - push OSC balance to one of its extremities.

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 3:34pm

thank you for your answers :)

i have tried your tipps. it sounds better but i still hear a little bit diverse beats... im getting crazy 8|

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 3:52pm

I´ve updated with a new version 4.5 ! when i play the tone on my piano it finally sounds normal :) . But when i put them into the piano roll and when i press play, they again sound a bit different than each other..... strange..

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 4:04pm

When i start making a saw and i put in a hypersaw on osc1 every tone is again different....

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 6:38pm

This a trait of true analog synths - you can never get the exact same sound on each keypress, as opposed to PCM. Anyhow, did you try to sync the two oscillators, using the sync button at the top, between the the two oscillator areas in VC. Please note that this syncs OSC2 to OSC1, so that when you detune or change the semitone tuning of OSC2, it produces "incomplete" cycles so that it can always start fresh along with a new cycle of OSC1.