Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 11:15pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 5:03am

Agreed, new manual would be greatly appreciated.

trhoffend

Beginner

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 3:51pm

As a new user of the TI and also fairly new to the Virus A, I would also like to see a much-improved manual. I read the manuals for all my gear, usually before I buy. For the TI, I also watched all of the tutorials here and the boot camp videos on Vimeo. The tutorials and boot camp videos were instrumental in selling me on the TI. This is probably something that Access should know.

A well-written manual should have diagrams and associated text covering the structure of the synth, the function of every I/O port, and the function every section of the front panel. All of the internal parameters should be covered in detail, referenced in an index, and refer back to the method of adjusting the parameter using the front panel and Virus Control.

MarPabl

Unregistered

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 8:00pm

Yeah there was a time when I thought the Yamaha manuals for Motif workstation were too badly written... But really the manuals for Virus win hands-down when talking about worse-possible-manual-ever-created :wacko:

At least, the manuals on Yamaha have screenshots, diagrams, etc. But with Virus, you get absolutely nothing! I must say that the guide to program synths is nice, but it really needs to be upgraded with the many many new features that have been added after the Virus C

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 12:27am

+1 New manual here, I just bought my Virus a few months ago and there is lots that is not in the manual that I am sure I am missing out on, even just one available online.

Shesh

Unregistered

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 1:16am

Have all you folk checked out the Addenda that come with each successive OS update?

If you're in VC, all you need to do is click the "?" button in the bottom right of the plugin, scroll to 'Documentation' then select 'What's new in OS 4.x'

You can find the same documentation in your file browser too.

On OS X it's in Applications\Access Music\Virus TI\Documents\Addenda

on Windoze I'd guess the same docs would be in your Program Files directory somewhere.

Giddy up!

MarPabl

Unregistered

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 5:25am

Yes, I checked the addendums and I didn't find any diagram or better explanation. Also, I don't think we can consider a simple addendum as a valid complete user guide which complements original (not updated) manuals.

Clearly the addendum is not the solution. If that was the solution, then we would still have the manuals for Virus Classic and a huge bunch of addendums...

Regarding the VC, I don't use it. I only use my Virus TI as a standalone synth so I need good manuals for this kind of usage.

SimonO

Trainee

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 7:18pm

+1 for a new manual.
Virus TI2 Polar | TIOS 4.5.3.00 | Pro Tools 9.0.2 | Windows 7 SP 1

Fuseball

Beginner

Sunday, March 11th 2012, 12:39pm

Whilst not a perfect solution for everyone (those of us who like to keep our DAW PCs and Macs disconnected from the internet for example) maybe a wiki for Virus Ti functionality would work. Every control and function could be described, with examples and tips, and easily updated as new functionality is added. It could effectively be an evolving online manual and resource.

I think it would need the involvement of Access to really make it work and be definitive (and ideally host it). They could even link to it from Virus Control. ;)

Sunday, March 18th 2012, 7:30pm

+1 for a new manual.

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 12:15am

+1 for a new manual PLzzzz :!: