Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 7:11pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 12:08am

Virus plays on its own when surfing internet???

I was surfing the net, my Virus connected, NO DAW WAS RUNNING, and my Virus decided to play a patch with an Arp running (which was set and played as it should) very strange!!! a USB command prob??

I think i have seen this prob before on here but thought... nah! :|

I always have Virus connected... not a prob but...Strange!!!

Any clues??? 8|

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 12:10am

Maybe a website playing a midi file???? hmmm... but i visited a graphics website,.... :huh:

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 7:59am

I'd ask if people really still used midi files on web sites these days, but I have seen it like once in the past 7 years or so... can't remember seeing it on any other occasion recently though.

nms

Intermediate

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 9:07am

if you mean simply what would happen if one of the keys was pressed down that's normal. Happens a few times weekly for me where a note triggers and is held. one time it did this triggering my moog at 70% volume at around 80hz and held it for a while when I'd left to go do something lol.

Virtual

Unregistered

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 11:20am

i had this problem, and it turned out that my midi controller was sending cc's and the virus picking it up. each slider and knob on a midi keyboard will be set to a different midi cc, and sometimes they correspond to controls on the virus. i had to block these signals and reprogram the midi controller to values that suited me.

horsegrip

Unregistered

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 11:22am

I have a problem where notes are triggered on my TI, even when no DAW is loaded.
I put it down to my midi interface. I simply push the 2 buttons for "Panic"
and they are released.
Don't know about USB mode tho.

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 12:58am

Just gotta say... looking at the title of this thread again, this would make a great commercial or Youtube video.

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 7:58am

I caught my virus eating a cheese sandwich watching the football the other night..

Chris

Trainee

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 9:13am

:D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I caught my virus eating a cheese sandwich watching the football the other night..

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 10:47am

if you mean simply what would happen if one of the keys was pressed down that's normal. Happens a few times weekly for me where a note triggers and is held. one time it did this triggering my moog at 70% volume at around 80hz and held it for a while when I'd left to go do something lol.
Yes this is what happened to me!... i went downstairs to make a coffee and heard someone playing my virus upstairs! and thought huh?? no one else up there ?( i thought my Virus was posessed by the devil at first... maybe it needs exorcising!!???

Anyway, it has happened a couple of times when connected to the internet.

Funny comments tho... 8)