Friday, April 25th 2014, 8:56am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 2:28pm

This is bonkers. As a TI owner who bought one pretty early doors I'd be a bit upset to be told...

'Oh...sorry you can't have feature X. Your hardware can do it, but it's just that John needs to sell his old TI2 Polar since he decided he'd prefer to have exactly the same hardware in black.'

I paid just as handsomely years ago for what is the same architecture and I expect the same support. The TI2 is not a new synth just a hardware upgrade to the same platform. If the second hand market has decided that paying extra for a bit more DSP and extra veneer wood-chip sides isn't worth it so be it. Can't say I disagree with them.

suzzymackenzie

Unregistered

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 4:14pm

If the second hand market has decided that paying extra for a bit more DSP and extra veneer wood-chip sides isn't worth it so be it. Can't say I disagree with them.
Veneer wood-chip? I thought my TI1 cheeks were solid, rain-forest depleting mahogany! Nothing ain't what it seems no more :(

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 12:09am

Yeah it's true. Just cracked mine open for my second self repair in as many months...totally broken, but it does mean I can confirm that the wood under the keyboard on the TI1 is not all it seems to be with it fresh in my memory. To be honest I would rather it wasn't there at all really. Wood is for sandal wearing, pipe smoking moog botherers. Y'know real 'analogue' casing...warms the oscillators even more!

But don't take my word for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfKrZBKE5rA&feature=player_detailpage#t=173s

There are some other pretty naff and cheap design decisions in there like the power brick just bracketed in there. That's what blew in mine the first time I had to open it after being plugged in for god knows how many years. How much would it have cost to fit an off switch? Battery on the main board explains why it demands power all the time, but god knows what that is keeping warm when the power is disconnected as I thought all the memory was supposed to be flash. There are more horrors I don't expect of a boutique synth with this kind of price tag but I won't go into it. Anyway I still love the synthesis engine and will forgive it's failings once it has been repaired even if it has broken my heart. Though in all honesty I'd be just as happy with that engine in a plugin now.

I'm going to stop hijacking this thread and go get the ball rolling with getting it serviced....then cry deeply...before meeting my deadlines with Reaktor and Massive, let's just hope I don't get too comfortable with them eh Access?

KennaOkoye

Unregistered

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 10:48am

This was a dumb thread.... If access did it like the OP stated then they couldn't hold themselves at a higher standards. People who purchased their virus TI six years ago should be offered same as people with TI2. I assume the TI2 was just a rejuvination. Still at the end of the day, this thread was created in fraustration that he couldn't sell his board. I think its wiser to make better decisions than to penalize hundreds of thousands. Yeah you say seperate the 2, but come on let's be real. You want it in a way where the virus 2 is more favorable so you can sell your gear. Lol, I can't believe you didn't pause yourself midway from writing this thread. These are selfish things people think of, but then we filter lolol

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 2:28am

:sleeping: ?(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "caf" (May 10th 2012, 12:34am)