Thursday, April 24th 2014, 2:38am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

AtonyB

Professional

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 7:56pm

I dont think there is a claim of that many - for the TI the claim was ~80. So if you use both OSCs thats 40 notes, unison of 2 brings you down to 20. Using effects and analogue filters erodes voice processing power further - it all adds up.

There are many ways to trim off the demand of a sound without radically affecting how it sounds, such as trimming a bit off the release or decay time on the reverb, turning off analog boost and so forth.

Virtual

Unregistered

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 9:00pm

I read it on the specifications here: http://virus.info/page/render/lang/en/p/…ifications.html

Under hypersaw oscillators it says "the Virus TI series can calculate over 1800 oscillators in realtime."

I just don't see how it can get close to that? I tried a hypersaw patch with unison set to max, and all 3 oscillators with the sub turned up. It dropped notes like crazy. I see under a different section it says 20-90 voices, this would be more realistic.

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 12:25pm

happy easter mates!

im aware of the thing with long release hitting the next notes etc. what i didnt know was that the virus calculates at release. but it sounds a bit strange...

whatsoever, i thought of a simple try... i can export my patch and you could try it, if it drops at your system too the result would be a too complex patch.

if you are interested i could export it when i am back home, just to try out...

btw. i am working as an engineer in a music company, so i can easily understand the need of processing power by musical equipment...
so this is no charging of access, its just a kind of disappointment because i dreamed of a virus for years now and finally having it... you know?
but i am still impressed by the (remaining) sound capabilities and you, the community :)