Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 12:30am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 10:04am

good compression plus cut correct eq freq and analyzing master buss rms output by a db meter
will make your sound good....
DAW: Cubase 6.5.4 (64 Bit)
Virus TI OS:4.5.3
---------------------------
Synth : Virus Ti Desktop,Virus Ti Snow,Nord Stage ex88,Roland Mc-909
PC : Core i7 870 ,8.0 GB Ram
Mac : Macbook Pro Mid 2012 ,Core i7 ,8GB Ram

zikerstu

Beginner

Monday, September 12th 2011, 9:12pm

KC 550

I use a Roland KC 550 and it's barely 180 watts! It's EQing is also terrible. However it's built well enough to endure the road so that's one plus I guess! If you decide to go with a personal keyboard amp I would either step up to the better Roland model or look into something of a little more quality and wattage. I have a very loud guitar player in our band and there is some frequency space hogging going on from time to time as well.

Monday, September 12th 2011, 10:24pm

I hope the OP has found a solution by now; it's been like a year and a half since they started the thread.

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 2:25am

this whole discussion makes me really happy that i play harsh electronic music by myself. it's a good read, and very interesting, but it's nice to only have to compete with myself for space in my own music.

lordclemi

Beginner

Monday, April 30th 2012, 10:46am

i don't think those problems have much to do with loudness. mostly, in my opinion, it is finding/tweaking the right sound unless there is no room for an additional sound at all. start with the filter - if you basically like a sound and it doesn't cut through the bass, open the filter and add more high end frequencies. if it clashes with the guitar, give the guitar space by removing mids from the synth sound and push the bass and/or treble frequencies. often it is also a question of how you arrange things - good arrangements often hardly need EQing.
always remember: you have a real synthesizer, in difference to a sample you can tweak all aspects of the sound. instead of using a compressor, shape the envelopes. instead of using an EQ, use the filter of the virus - just to give you a basic idea. if you cannot hear a bass sound, add distortion to add overtones etc. etc.

hth, marc

Hello Marc, thanks for the hints, so probbably by following this advice one get's a more stable sound, independent from PA equilization...Do you agree with this?

Regards Chris

Monday, April 30th 2012, 7:28pm

@lordclemi: I think this thread speaks about how to make a sound that "cuts trhough the mix", meaning, it will not be masked by other instruments playing at the same time.

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 12:25am

Correct compression, correct equing and correct panning.

You may say dynamics are lost but compression is essential. Our ears respond more to transients anyway, let them through a bit. Have more compressors but each doing less.

Pan out the instruments it can open up gaps for your sounds. Try taking the middle out of your synth parts, get them hard left hard right. I can go in deeper if interested.

Take out chunks of frequencies from sounds that arn't ment to be doing anything at that frequency... Even if they don't seem to be making a noise in it, cut it anyway.

SIDECHAIN!!!

7G

Beginner

Monday, July 9th 2012, 10:53pm

It's all in the mixing ;)
That means you're depending from the sound engineer...
or
You can do your own mixing which is an art by itself...
1.Use Sidechain or NY compression and exciter on your busses and some multiband compression...
2.Work on your sound design skills...Disable TI's EQ's and use filtering instead
3.Have visual feedback of pan,limiting,maximizing etc.

This post has been edited 11 times, last edit by "7G" (Jul 14th 2012, 10:55pm)

Monday, July 9th 2012, 11:49pm

Sack the band... go solo! :D

Monday, March 4th 2013, 1:54am

Run your synth into the main mixer as usual. Duplicate a second copy of your synth output, and place it into the sidechain of all the other people's compressors. Thus, every time you hit a key, all their instruments are silenced and your synth is heard in all its glory :D

Alternatively. Switch on Osc-Sync. Raise the Pitch on Osc2. Add a little FM Amount to taste. Then widdle away... They will hear you all right. Bhuhahaa. :evil