Thursday, July 31st 2014, 5:19am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 10:54am

Virus KB Dead Keys !

So I eventually acquired my Virus form ebay. But, the low C sustains forever and the c# next to it is totally dead.

Waiting on a response form the seller.

Is this likely to be circuitry or can it be fixed easily? (for those that have experienced this kind of thing)

I dont mind a partial refund if its repairable as I got a fairly good deal.

So, those people in the know, do you think its better to return it and stick with it and try to get the keys fixed?

Ace17

Trainee

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 4:27pm

Hi,
dead keys are most probably due to bad rubber strip (not the circuitry).
If I remember correctly, Virus TI KB keybed is manufactured by Fatar, so it's very probable you only need to change one of this :
http://www.midi-store.com/Fatar-Rubber-C…12-p-17166.html

horsegrip

Unregistered

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 5:47pm

Just a quick note/idea...
Have you made sure KB is not in split keyboard mode?
Not sure about the sustained key tho
Hope that might help you

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 7:13pm

Thanks for the help . I don't thInk it's in spit mode but I. An check after work . Very
I h doubt it .
I am not keyboard or tech savvy so approx how much does it cost to replace the strip in a repair shop ?

I got the virus for 450 quid . Do members of he forum think I should get my cash back or ask for a discount and get it fixed ?

The guy is offering to give me 50 quid back .

Thanks again .

horsegrip

Unregistered

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 11:03am

I think keep it and buy a USB Midi controller if the quote of keyboard strip is too high

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 11:27am

I think keep it and buy a USB Midi controller if the quote of keyboard strip is too high
I actually have one already. But I was looking at the Virus as a replacement and getting rid of the midi keyboard.

Ace17

Trainee

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 2:59pm

Replacing the rubber contact strip is actually very easy. You don't need special tools, only screwdrivers.