Thursday, April 24th 2014, 10:12am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

scientificharmony

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 5:39pm

BUMP

Just to Resurrect this post....

Im also having the same issues with the Virus Ti.

I have the late 2009 iMac and the Virus Ti2.
I have been having some problems with chosing the right usb port for ghe Virus.
My system is as follows;

iMac 27" Core i7 2.8ghz 8gb ram
osx Lion (latest)
Virus Ti2 61 Note
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
Cubase 6

There are 2 internal USB hubs

Hub1:
elicenser
BRCM2046 Hub -- Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Internal Memory Card Reader

Hub2:
Built-In iSight
IR Receiver
Virus Ti

Ive noticed that if the Virus states that audio clock is Synced to Host, the virus will work ok (i haven't tested to what extent it works)
But when I bring the Virus out of sleep mode, the Audio clock has changed to frequency and the Virus will not connect when the project is 48khz.
For some reason, the only way I can get the Virus to work is to perform a factory reset and the Audio Clock returns to the state of Synced to Host.
There must be something that disabling this feature or something I'm doing wrong?

Also, iive heard Marc mention a few times that people with iMacs that have the i3/i5/i7 should connect a USB 2.0 hub between the Virus and the Mac.
I have just ordered the Belkin F5U237QEA Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-port Hub. Will this make the Virus perform better? and do I have to make sure that only the Virus is connected to this?

regards

Chris

louis1

Trainee

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 6:34pm

RE: BUMP

Just to Resurrect this post....

Im also having the same issues with the Virus Ti.

I have the late 2009 iMac and the Virus Ti2.
I have been having some problems with chosing the right usb port for ghe Virus.
My system is as follows;

iMac 27" Core i7 2.8ghz 8gb ram
osx Lion (latest)
Virus Ti2 61 Note
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP
Cubase 6

There are 2 internal USB hubs

Hub1:
elicenser
BRCM2046 Hub -- Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Internal Memory Card Reader

Hub2:
Built-In iSight
IR Receiver
Virus Ti

Ive noticed that if the Virus states that audio clock is Synced to Host, the virus will work ok (i haven't tested to what extent it works)
But when I bring the Virus out of sleep mode, the Audio clock has changed to frequency and the Virus will not connect when the project is 48khz.
For some reason, the only way I can get the Virus to work is to perform a factory reset and the Audio Clock returns to the state of Synced to Host.
There must be something that disabling this feature or something I'm doing wrong?

Also, iive heard Marc mention a few times that people with iMacs that have the i3/i5/i7 should connect a USB 2.0 hub between the Virus and the Mac.
I have just ordered the Belkin F5U237QEA Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-port Hub. Will this make the Virus perform better? and do I have to make sure that only the Virus is connected to this?

regards

Chris

Hi Chris did the above mentioned Belkin Hub work out for you

scientificharmony

Unregistered

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 6:53pm

Marc,

Does this not sound like the same issues I am receiving that I created the LOGS for?

It seems theres a lot of problems out there surrounding the Virus and iMacs?

Im still waiting for a solution as I have not yet been able to use my Virus......

Problems with syncing with host and other things...

Chris

EDIT...

Louise.....

Not really, I have just the Virus connected to the Hub and I am still receiving problems. Check out the thread I done called "Virus Started with its Nonsense Again"

louis1

Trainee

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 8:02pm

Yes i have read it Chris... what a shame as i was just about to order this thinking it might be just what i need.....sigh!!

scientificharmony

Unregistered

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 10:48pm

Louis,

Its vicious circles. I bought my virus before xmas and i still havent been able to use it properly. I was lead
to believe it was totally integrated and the plugin works just as well
as a vst instrument. still waiting on that day!

Marc, Jorg and Access are aware of the prohlem and i think they are working on a fix!

riggs62

Beginner

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 7:47pm

He he , here i am :)

got the solution, it works for me, it must work for u (i hope lol)

setup:

imac 27 middle 2011
core i7 quad 3,4ghz
8gb ram (ddr3 1333mhz)
graphics 2 gb cache

Virus TI polar (1st generation)

Hub belkin (F5U404PERBLK) (only for the TI)

(Motu traveler (firewire), motu midi express 128, steinberg cc121 are directly plugged to the usb ports of the imac, elicenser and yamaha 01v96v2 are plugged on the usb ports of my keyboard)

5 years i'm fighting with my TI and VC, first on win xp, now on os x 10.6.8....

1st: thx to access support, they said me to try a powered hub, now i haven't warning usb conflict message when i plug my TI to the VCC :)

2nd, i find the solution by myself lol but access support was here to listen to me and find a solution, since 2 weeks, thx for the time they spent for me :)

now let me explain my troubles:

i had artifacts, clicks, pops in usb mode and my TI was not "synced to host" as u guys....

i done a lot of tests and let me explain my solution:

do not shut down/turn on the ti when the usb cable is plugged!!!!!

unplug ur usb cable, turn on ur ti, then plug the usb cable, u will "synced to host" :) , then unplug ur usb cable and shut down the ti
(in fact it is when u shut down the ti that u have to unplug the usb cable before, u can plug it when the ti is off and turn it on with the usb cable plugged, but i think it is better to plug/unplug the cable when the ti is on)

now, the TI is always synced to host :)

if ur ti is not recognized by ur system anymore, do not a factory reset, simply unplug it from the main current and plug it again :) (i say that because i plugged/unplgged my ti a lot of time lol so it can be possible it crash lol)

let me know if it works for u....

@ access support: please take note of that for maybe update that issue

finally sorry if my english langage, it is not perfect, im french, i do what i can :)

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "riggs62" (May 6th 2012, 8:11pm)

scientificharmony

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 4:18pm

do not shut down/turn on the ti when the usb cable is plugged!!!!!

unplug ur usb cable, turn on ur ti, then plug the usb cable, u will "synced to host" :) , then unplug ur usb cable and shut down the ti
(in fact it is when u shut down the ti that u have to unplug the usb cable before, u can plug it when the ti is off and turn it on with the usb cable plugged, but i think it is better to plug/unplug the cable when the ti is on)

now, the TI is always synced to host :)

Do you have to repeat these steps every time you use the Virus?

riggs62

Beginner

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 8:03pm

yep, every time u want to turn it off

i noticed that usually, if i close a cubase project using VC, i get crashes when i load it again (distortion) sometimes not....

get to reboot my setup (mac + harware) or change the audio clock of the project (44 to 48khz, then 48 to 44khz), or unplug/plug the usb cable during the cubase session....

i'm not in a 100% working setup yet , get some bugs sometimes :(

scientificharmony

Unregistered

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 8:22pm

This update is a long time coming!

Friday, May 11th 2012, 1:21am

Well since i have changed to Win 7 64 environment i began to have some issues with my TI.
In general works fine but sometimes i get this out of sync problem.
I have a lot of USB units attached to my MOBO USB ports (Novation SL,MOTU MTP AV x2,Midisport 8x8,4x4,UC-33e,Korg R3,MicroX,Tempest,Kore Controller and Syncrosoft & Ilok2 keys).
I have a dedicated USB PCI card for the TI,and since i recall some reading about a HUB is now recommended (like stated before too) i wonder if in my case that could help?

Win Ultimate 7 64
Core 2 Quad Q6600
Ram 8 GB
Cubase 6.5.2. 64
Pro Tools 10.0.2

Thanks