Friday, August 29th 2014, 7:14am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Id45

Beginner

• "Id45" started this thread

Thursday, October 8th 2009, 11:36am

Sidechain for Cubase 5!!

Please..

Right now the only way to route audio into Virus TI is through the analog inputs.
It would be nice to be able to do that through the sequencer.
:thumbsup:

Thursday, October 8th 2009, 1:22pm

of course it would. and if steinberg make it possible to feed side chain into a virtual instrument you can do it like it is already possible in live using the VST version of the plug-in.

best, marc
The official Virus TI facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/accessvirus

Id45

Beginner

Thursday, October 8th 2009, 3:33pm

Thanks Marc. Just the answer I needed.

But I'm pretty sure that in this case it's kind of a lost case.

Anyway, thanks again.
:)

Thursday, October 8th 2009, 10:12pm

I still don't get this because I can sidechain all my vst instruments and my virus. Then again I'm using cubase studio 4.

I can also use my virus to be a sidechain trigger. I'm still very unsure what ppl want to do but can't.

if its a cubase 4 to cubase 5 issue i'm deffinatly not upgrading.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mitchiemasha" (Oct 8th 2009, 10:21pm)

Id45

Beginner

Friday, October 9th 2009, 7:10am

It's not a Cubase 4 to Cubase 5 issue.
What I want to do basically is rout an audio track into the Virus TI to use it's FX without pulling out cables. Just through the sequencer.
When trying to change to the 3 outputs / 1 input mode I get the message that Cubase doesn't support side chaining.
I'm really starting to regret having Cubase...

Monomeester

Intermediate

Saturday, October 10th 2009, 10:43am

This has nothing to do with cubase.

Saturday, October 10th 2009, 11:08am

This has nothing to do with cubase.
Uh, want to actually contribute something useful to this forum (for a change) and explain why you THINK that is the case?

Especially when Marc and access have clearly stated that it is due to Steinberg not implementing sidechain support for instruments? Jeez, there is even a thread acknowledging it on Cubase.net

:thumbdown:

Id45

Beginner

Saturday, October 10th 2009, 11:16am

Could you please send me a link to that thread?
I would really like to read it.

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 2:35am

Could you please send me a link to that thread?
I would really like to read it.
Of course.

All Cubase/Virus TI users should be aware of this and should make as much noise as possible so that Steinberg wake up to themselves :thumbdown:
http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=892099

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 2:37am

It's not a Cubase 4 to Cubase 5 issue.
What I want to do basically is rout an audio track into the Virus TI to use it's FX without pulling out cables. Just through the sequencer.
When trying to change to the 3 outputs / 1 input mode I get the message that Cubase doesn't support side chaining.
I'm really starting to regret having Cubase...

Ahhh! yes, I've seen that message. Although you can sidechain any virus track using the cubase compressor, what you can't do is send audio not from your virus into the virus to use the virus's FX. Even if using the virus as your sound card because the audio input can't be activated.

Nothing to do with sidechaining really but that is what the message says, If I remember rightly. Unless it's because I'm wrongly thinking the term side chaining is implied only for compressors. When actualy any instrument/FX wired in a similar way could be classed as sidechained but now am just blabbering and don't really have a clue.