Saturday, August 30th 2014, 8:13pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

zebastian21

Unregistered

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 5:47pm

Virus Ti as FX module for another synth...is it possible?

hello, I have a Virus Ti and a Alesis Andromeda.
I dont like the built in FX the Andromeda has, so I was thinking if it would be possible to use the Virus Ti's inputs as external FX for the Andromeda.
My set up is a s followed.

The Virus Ti is connected and being used USB and VC with Logic pro, I have also connected the stereo main analog outputs to my audio interface.
The Andromeda is connected to my audio interface straight up.
so I use Logic pro 9, Virus ti with VC ....but if its is possible to do what I want to do I wouldnt mind changing the way I have things set up.
thank you guys :thumbup:

enossified

Unregistered

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 9:26pm

If you set the Input Selection mode to Static you can route external audio through the filters and effects without having to trigger any notes.

zebastian21

Unregistered

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 10:22pm

If you set the Input Selection mode to Static you can route external audio through the filters and effects without having to trigger any notes.

so can I do what you suggested in the VC plug in?
Can I still use the Virus as synth simultaneously ?

enossified

Unregistered

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 11:20pm

Depends on the routing options in Logic, which I don't use.

RTFM.

Saturday, May 8th 2010, 3:11am

hey "zebastian21",
yes, it is all done within VC as "enossified" described and if i remember correctly, you can route audio into an instrument-channel; it's been years that i used logic, so i'm not sure;
now you just need to make sure your Virus is set to "3 Outs / 1 In" in the "USB Audio Mode" options;
if it doesn't work like this, you can still connect the audio-outs of your Andromeda to the Virus Inputs, but keep in mind you have to disable the usb input, otherwise the analog one isn't working;
however, you can use the Virus as Synth simultaneously in both ways, since you use just one part as fx-chain;
best regards, gravity

cprovenzo

Beginner

Monday, May 10th 2010, 1:50pm

Call me crazy but the effects in Logic are better than the effects on the Virus, why not just use them?

Friday, May 14th 2010, 2:34am

Quoted

...effects in Logic are better than...

better for what? and, how do they exceed? in parameters, sound quality, handling, or is it some ranking from an FX-chart list?
sorry for this provoking undertone, but do you stick only to tools considered to be the "better" ones?
following ideas is what it's about, and this can be using the worst possible device with almost no signs of conductivity, as long as the sound is right in the end in your opinion; :D

cheers, gravity

TiUser

Trainee

Friday, May 14th 2010, 1:27pm

.It's up to everyone but I personally think it's a bit crazy to use a virus as an EXF processor only - simply for cost reasons, especially live.

But if you don't need your virus synth in every song or bounce down tracks to audio why not experimenting with it?

Friday, May 14th 2010, 4:38pm

Quoted

it's a bit crazy to use a virus as an EXF processor only

i agree, though i doupt anybody would... ^^

Quoted

...why not experimenting with it?

exactly what i pointed out for cprovenzo!
i often use the Ti as a guitar FX-chain, especially with the new stomp-distortion algorithms in OS4; also the tape delay is a really nice live tool; :thumbup:

cheers, gravity

adam

Unregistered

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 1:15am

It is possible. I use one part as an effects processor for my Mopho, and the other parts are fully functional.