Our Lovely studio's

• Hay ya i was wondering if we can all share what our Studio's look like..?, with the Virus in the pic of course he he.

For sum reason i am completely fascinated by how people build there dream studio's. I my self have moved houses 5 time's and since i was renting my studio would look completely different since i had to make do with the room i had.

But now i have bought my house and i am in the middle of nearly finishing building my dream studio, i will post Photo's as soon as i can find my camera LOL.

SO if every one is interested it would be nice to see where everyone's inspiration and your music ideas come from.

Hope all is well People, Max Respec

Ray :)

• [Blocked Image: ]

[Blocked Image: ]

[Blocked Image: ]

ATM my studio looks like that, kinda messy and my SE eletronic mic standard including vocalbooth stays at a friends place. and a few digital mixers not used.
    It will give an idea how i sit behind my desk. ;)

@ Tarekith, your studio has the looks though i ask myself if those absorbers like you placed them are realy functional. Like that your sounds from the speakers is still bouncing against the wall, etc.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

Edited 2 times, last by Monomeester ().

• The only thing coming off the back wall is the low end reflections, and with the broadband absorbers behind them, I don't notice it.

• ok, :) It's not that i want to sound professional i just realy wondered. I need to get another setup myself because with only 1 ear to hear with and the bad acoustics i experience in my room i can't make a decent mix.
    trying to find ways to make that better without spending money on an expert.

Got ur pic as example for when i am going to change things for better acoustics. :thumbsup:

by the way, is that a drumcomputer on the right of the virus? is that the drums i hear in ur songs? I am realy looking for a good drumsource myself. i have ton's of samples but not a good player to use in x64 setup.

• by the way, is that a drumcomputer on the right of the virus? is that the drums i hear in ur songs? I am realy looking for a good drumsource myself. i have ton's of samples but not a good player to use in x64 setup.

That's the Elektron Machinedrum, an Anniversary MKII in this case. Great drum machine, probably my favorite bit of gear.

• lol @ berni :D thought my studio was a mess!

@ thomas, yeah been victim of a caraccident ( was sitting in the backseat ) lucky to be alive to be honest.
    Anyway, after the accident i am 100% deaf on my left ear that makes me mono. It realy made me lose my love for rmusic and other things that i won't mention because it's making my story to long (lol).
    I got a real drawback from it and had to start over aproaching music and sounds as a hole in a very different way (conversations, growded area's, etc, listening cost double concentration thus energy) it took me like 5 years to get even close to the mix quality i had before that. But i have read a lot of books and just skilled myself so i would know what to do to get the very best mix without using ears at all. Eventualy it all comes to ones imagination and taste. I learned to listen to stereosound with one ear though it stays impossible to be as good as a 2 eared mixxer. I got my intrest in music back over time and the TI gave a little boost to it as well. I can make music but for the endmix i have to let someone else do the job for me. ;)

@ tarekith, cool! going to look for a drummachine anytime soon and going to take a closer look to the one u mentioned as your drumsounds are awesome. thx a ton! 8o

Edited 6 times, last by Monomeester ().