OS4 IS OUT!!!!

• I was extremely happy to see this update come out, that was until I realized that my Cubase is fucked now after installing this. Any recent projects made which contain the Virus will no longer load. Trying to do so just causes cubase to throw an error and need to be force closed back to the desktop. Any projects which do not contain the Virus work fine. I even went back to the previous Virus version and it still does nothing. I have no clue what has gone wrong, but these exact projects were used last night without issue. Now they won't load. Damn me anyways.

I was scared but then I tried. I updated my Virus TI Desktop to OS 4, loaded Cubase (4.5.2.274) and loaded a project that contained a Virus before. Everything fine here. This is on OS X 10.6.2

(And what the hell again is wrong with the quote function here?)

Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2009), 12 GB, OS X 10.6, Cubase 5.5.2, Virus TI, NI Komplete 6, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia 10 Years Suite

• Insane!!! :) Love it! The new distortions come in perfect for our concert on friday! Now you have to stop making new features (not) and do a new hardware version with more features brought up to the front panel.. This synth is only getting deeper!

I do however see a bug that I've seen before.. In the browser, when I switch banks in the bottom section, the upper section changes to display my selected bank.. So I am unable to set up two banks to drag patches between them..

Pro tools also crashes when I try to drag a patch from one slot to another to swap places.. This was in the upper bank window.

I also had some issues where, after instantiating Virus Control, all 16 channels would trigger, or none of them would trigger at all. Rebooting the TI while VC was active made this ok.

Intel Mac, Quad core 2,66ghz, 3GB RAM, OS X Snow Leopard, Pro Tools 8.0.3 cs1, Virus TI 1.

Alex

• Awesome, completely awesome!

found a bug

Im just using it stand alone but

you set it on search mode and search for presets and its no problem but set the parameter on "Input" options and I cant value up and down.

just seems like the search engine is all lazy too

• Same problem here with the Vowel Filter, you can only trigger the L (shape) not the right..

is this a Os problem..?

let's put it like this: it doesn't look like this in e.g. protools mac - and i cannot test the PC side right now. but, only seeing one knob is correct because the comb and vowel filter have a resonance parameter there instead of shape "L" as in "left". could you please post more platform details, such as the exact sequencer version you're using etc. and send a bug report to support @ access-music.de - we'll have a look. for now, just use the ONE knob. it seems to be just a graphical glitch.

hth, marc

• A few bugs here...

The Virus Control window does not look the same as that in the new manual addendum - the left hand side (the 16 patch slots) still looks like the previous version - not dark with the different layout

When recalling the new patches for OS4 - I have noticed that many of the recalled soft knob positions do not reflect the patch settings ?( AND - the hardware soft knobs on my TI Keyboard do NOTHING now (with Virus Control) X(

+ I cannot change patches from my TI Keyboard whilst Virus Control is running either!

Otherwise - so far, so good :D

EDIT: Hmmm... back to v3.3.4.0 for me - BUGGER :thumbdown:

Virus TI mk1 Keyboard | RME FF 800 | Dynaudio BM6A's mk1, BM14S | Logic Pro X | Cubase 12 Pro | Mac OS 10.X | Windows 10 Pro

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von emdebee ()

• Zitat

let's put it like this: it doesn't look like this in e.g. protools mac - and i cannot test the PC side right now. but, only seeing one knob is correct because the comb and vowel filter have a resonance parameter there instead of shape "L" as in "left". could you please post more platform details, such as the exact sequencer version you're using etc. and send a bug report to support @ access-music.de - we'll have a look. for now, just use the ONE knob. it seems to be just a graphical glitch.

hth, marc

This is what i am using.

Pc Microsoft Windows Xp Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Computer Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad Core
    Q6600 @2.40GHz
    2.40 GHz, 3.25 GB of Ram

Mother board - S series
    EP45-DS3R
    Intel P45/ICH10R/Socket775/rev.10

Texas Instrument OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Hard Drive is 10,000 RPM Raptor

With Cubase 4 (With update 4.5.2)

Hope this Helps

• left hand side (the 16 patch slots) still looks like the previous version - not dark with the different layout is also a OS problem..? or is this normal..?

• Anybody having luck running VCC in Logic 9.1?... Not recognised in AU manager although AU's installed in components folder.... tried uninstall/reinstall... same.... hmmmmmmm

• Anybody having luck running VCC in Logic 9.1?... Not recognised in AU manager although AU's installed in components folder.... tried uninstall/reinstall... same.... hmmmmmmm

Yes - see above for my last post and sig!

Are you running Logic in 32 or 64 Bit?

I wouldn't bother with this release yet - too buggy in my opinion... :whistling:

The new features are great BUT

I'm back on v3.3.4.0 until it gets fixed ;)

Virus TI mk1 Keyboard | RME FF 800 | Dynaudio BM6A's mk1, BM14S | Logic Pro X | Cubase 12 Pro | Mac OS 10.X | Windows 10 Pro