OS4 IS OUT!!!!

• Alright, so I took the bite and installed the new OS :thumbup:

Virus TI Snow OS4(beta) - Mac Pro running OSX 10.6.2

Ableton Live 8.1.1 - It works flawlessly. Even the GUI bugs mentioned earlier in this thread seem to be fixed. My old projects are opening fine, nothing screwed up. The features work as intended to.

Logic 9.1 (32-bit) - It opens fine. Haven't tested the sound or features. No GUI bugs.

Logic 9.1(64-bit) - The AU manager doesn't find it by default, if you fired up in 64-bit. Switch to 32-bit mode first, let the plugin authorize and then switch back to 64-bit. Seems to be working fine then.

Have fun leetle girlies, I'm going to be combing my distorted vowels all day :D

• Installed and works fine on Win7 64 Ultimate and latest Ableton Live beta. Win7 graphics slowness is fixed, thank god for that. And love the new distortion fx.

Can Virus Control use arrow keys to move thru preset lists in Ableton? There are some VSTs that work this way so I know it's possible. Virus has good selection of presets and ability to move through them at speed is a must-have "feature" imo. I know that there are others who want this as well, so pretty please!

• Can Virus Control use arrow keys to move thru preset lists in Ableton? There are some VSTs that work this way so I know it's possible. Virus has good selection of presets and ability to move through them at speed is a must-have "feature" imo. I know that there are others who want this as well, so pretty please!

I wasn't aware of this, but if you click inside the browser, you can move through presets using the Arrow keys :D Damn, that saves me a lot of mouse clicking. I'm using it on OSX.
    :love: The more I discover, the more I fall in love with my cute lil snowie.

• I wasn't aware of this, but if you click inside the browser, you can move through presets using the Arrow keys :D Damn, that saves me a lot of mouse clicking. I'm using it on OSX.

Doesn't work so on Win7 64 here. And clicking for each preset browsing SUCKS this way.

• OK...

Just after going back to v3.3.4.0, I saw that there was another Mac Installer, located in Private Beta Versions - no idea if it's any different so grabbed it anyway - installed it - rebooted and now it all works as it should now!

Go Figure :D

So my previous issues seem to be "null and void" now... apart from the discrepancy in the manual with the 16 Part slots layout and colouring

Time to play :thumbup:

Virus TI mk1 Keyboard | RME FF 800 | Dynaudio BM6A's mk1, BM14S | Logic Pro X | Cubase 12 Pro | Mac OS 10.X | Windows 10 Pro

• Win7 64 bit.

Everything working fine.

Gui missing labels for the distortion knobs.

Would really like the new arp to matrix to respond to lenght. (and glide would be cool too, as been mentioned above).

Will keep digging and see if anything comes up.

No problems loading older projects in FLStudio 9.

Matt

• Does anyone know if it is now possible for Cubase users to use Atomizer with this new VC OS4 update?

HP Pavilion Elite e9290f | Intel Core i7-920 at 2.67GHz | Special Slipstreamed Windows XP Media Center 2008 with SP3 | 9GB DDR3 SDRAM | 1TB HDD at 7200rpm | 640GB External HDD | 500GB External HDD | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 1.8GB | M-Audio Delta Audiphile 192 Soundcard | Samsung 2493HM 24" Widescreen Monitor | Samson Active Studio Monitors | Access Virus TI Keyboard Synthesizer | Roland JP-8080 Synthesizer | Waldorf Micro-Q Synthesizer

• Does anyone know if it is now possible for Cubase users to use Atomizer with this new VC OS4 update?

You could always use Atomizer with Cubase, even on previous versions, however, only by feeding audio into the inputs. You cannot use sidechaining, even with this release. It has nothing to do with Access and everything to do with Steinberg failing to integrate sidechaining into 'instruments'.

• I can also confirm the graphical bugs for the vowel/comb/distortion knobs missing their labels. This is on PC, Cubase 5, Windows 7 x64.

This release is quite good, I too would like to see glide option for the arp matrix, and I would still like a 3rd generic envelope please!

• I was extremely happy to see this update come out, that was until I realized that my Cubase is fucked now after installing this. Any recent projects made which contain the Virus will no longer load. Trying to do so just causes cubase to throw an error and need to be force closed back to the desktop. Any projects which do not contain the Virus work fine. I even went back to the previous Virus version and it still does nothing. I have no clue what has gone wrong, but these exact projects were used last night without issue. Now they won't load. Damn me anyways.

I just uninstalled the Virus from my system and sure enough, the problematic projects load without a hitch minus the error of it not finding the Virus Ti plugin which is to be expected. I think something has changed under the hood in Version 4 and that settings contained in a project which were made in Version 3 will no longer load because of this. Any idea? Better yet, anyone else getting the same crap happening to them?

Ignore this. It had nothing to do with the Virus update though the timing was impeccable of things going wrong right after I installed it. I had some major headaches today but got it sorted by loading my projects from a backup drive containing Windows XP and now all is well on 4.0.0.18. The issue I think lied in Cubase the whole time. Sorry for the false alarm.

• ^^ Thank you Access! ^^
    Tried it, works great! Gonna have some fun tonight! :)

Having the same "bug" as the rest; invisible knob(s).
    Also the GUI is still sluggish in Cubase 5.1 x64 + Win7 x64, although not as much as it used to be.

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• emdebee,

just to clarify a couple of things: this version you were downloading from the "private beta versions" folder was the same version, it just happened to show up in two different places. for the "discrepancy" to the manual is also a very simply explanation: in the manual, you see the SNOW version of the plug-in, the part bar looks different because the snow only has 4 parts.

best, marc

• After painfully lurking in this thread for 9 hours at work I finally was able to come home and give this firmware a shot.

OSX 10.5.8 Lepoard
    Ableton Live 8.1.1

Install worked fine, I didn't even bother uninstalling 3.0.3 before installing this one. Update took a while, everything ran fine, and it auto-rebooted me afterwards.

For a sanity check I was able to load up previous songs and even recovered one that I was having problems with earlier this month.

New patches sound great and I've been messing with them all night. I have to admit with the new arp and comb filter, my Virus feels very unfair once again. I was actually enjoying myself tonight working with outrageous sounds :) I actually wrote a song tonight.

Thanks Access!

• Have installed the new beta and it's unable to find my virus now. All installation works fine, bios update... but now is impossible to reach communication between my pc an the ti ¿Am I the only one? I thought midi driver isn't installed, so i've tried to repair installation and a blue error page was shown on my pc and need to reboot. ¿Any ideas?
    Working on XP SP2 64 bit + Cubase 5.1

• I had the same problem Samosanchez, It installed fine but the .dll didn't show up in the host software.
    Worked beautifuly in standalone hardware mode, so I tried reinstalling both host and TIOS several times with no joy.

Please make a report to support@access .de, so they can diagnose and squash it quicker.
    So it's back to TIOS 3.3.5 for me in the meantime.

• o yes! going to try it! how long is it out? i regretfully was in hospital for four days. Anyways, going to try it noww!!!! 8o

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Haven't gone into the nitty gritty of the beast. But even in the install package, I was able to install the OS simultaneously on both TI's. How good !!
    Your not going to hear me for weeks.
    See ya. Haha