OS4 IS OUT!!!!

• Working here too.

Installtion was fine

Except i also have the GUI mistakes.

And i have one other problem!

The LED for +2 on the ocatave selector, is always lit, not completely lit, but only half, and the light is not steady.

as i recall i have had this problem before in a 3.xxx beta??

I am not sure i recall it right though. otherwise i am looking forward to using the new features!

My system: win7 x64

P.S. i can also comfirm that the old known problem Win7 slow gui problem is still here.

best regards
    Jakob

• The LED for +2 on the ocatave selector, is always lit, not completely lit, but only half, and the light is not steady.

I have the same problem, but i didn't even update to OS4, yet.
    In addition to that, my LFO2-LED always acts like SQUARE is set (even if it's sine).

... just wanted to add - so this doesn't have to be a OS-Issue... (but i hope it's the OS in general, including the one before)

• I am trying to assign the soft knob to freq shifter frequency to control the frequency of the vowel filter and comb filters, it is not working, the mix knob works fine though

I am windows xp 32bit, cubase 5.1

• Hi !
    Everythings working properly on my System. all further projects are running

Windows 7 64 Bit
    Cubase 5.1.1 (32 Bit)
    Quadcore q6600 2,4 ghz
    4gb Ram
    Focusrite Saffire pro 40

But when I try to use the Arp Input to Patch Volume or Amp Sustain, to have kind of a gating effect, it does'N t work.
    You can hear an effect, but the Arp Steps are not "sharp" enough for "gating".

1. major problem

I hear some really noisy glitches between 8-22 khz on every patch. so when i only use OSC 1 in saw modus (init patch) and turn up hipass filter you can hear some annoying bitcrushing/crackling and not just the hi parts of the saw... i'll send an audio example of this to the support.
    Hope this is something that can be fixed! :(

• Installed OS4 on windows 7 - 64Bit. Unfortunately it didn't work as when I open the standalone app it states that my drivers are out of date. When I load it up in Sonar I just get the welcome screen that is starting up and nothing. Tried uninstalling everything and re-installing but get the same error. Anyone else experiencing this?

Adrian

• The driver problem happens when I try to open the Virus Control Center application in Windows 7 64 as well. The message reads: "Installed drivers do not match the version required by the Virus Control Center"

When I check the control panel it shows the most recent driver versions installed.

• I did a little testing as i am still recovering from hospital churgery. I did a little test on the new arp editor. It didn't seem to work on any sound i tested it with.
    maybe i have done it wrong myself. I will check the tut video when i feel better but for what i've seen now it's not entirely working as hoped.

I made use of the x64 win version on windows 7 x64 in combination with Cubase 5, latest updates.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Same here, could have been soo much better.

Try this:

ARP MODE = ArpToMatrix - I find ARP RESOLUTION = 1/32 or faster to be best.

Choose Pattern = USER - Enable all steps, and set each one to Velocity 0 or 127. Adjacent steps of the same value will result in a constant On/Off state.

MOD SOURCE = Arp Input, DESTINATION = Osc Volume (if you still want traditional Delay/Verb) or Patch Volume (if you want to gate the Delay/Verb as well) AMOUNT = +63

Now the important bit: Set the chosen target parameter (Patch/Osc Vol) to it's middle setting. You won't get a proper gate effect if they are set higher than this!

Modulating Amp Sustain will not give you a gate effect.

HTH

• Just found out that my LFO1 and LFO2 led don't work while in env mode. They seem to be fine in normal mode and in retrigger mode (trig phase != off).
    I can light them up if I set a different start phase, but they'll just stay in the state I start them on.

W7 x64 - VST2 - FL9

• @ BC
    Thx a lot for your gating description! Haven't tried it yet but it sounds plausible...

reffering to my major problem with the high bitcrushing glitches and crackles of the oscillators, this issue is solved.
    had something to do with the digital spdif input of my audio interface (focusrite saffire pro 40)... Focusrite shortly released new drivers and everythings fine now!
    for some reason(since os4) the problems also occured in Seqmodus (VC) , which is as you all know not put through the spdif input...

• Tested OS4 yesterday a bit, sounds great guys, love the modulation with the arp and matrix, very inspiring, great work access :thumbup:

• omg, because of this update my tc konnekt 8 isn't working at all right now. have to check and change all kinds of things in order to make it work again but to weak now.

dammit, this could be so cool but it ends up so bad.

• omg, because of this update my tc konnekt 8 isn't working at all right now. have to check and change all kinds of things in order to make it work again but to weak now.

dammit, this could be so cool but it ends up so bad.

don't get me wrong i still am very gratefull about access putting so much effort in these updates, it only just is not yet fully ready for all systems. ;) keep it going guys up to the final version, can't wait! :thumbup:

• re the OS4 has anybody installed on mac OSX 10.4.11 ?

also does this address sidechain issues in logic 8 and one more thing is it says its just for 10.5 onwards

when its an official version not a beta version will it work for my operating system

love my snow ..
    thanx