OS4 IS OUT!!!!

• Sadly, this update does not work for me. Win7 64Bit Cubase 5.1.1 32Bit. Nvidia 260 gtx with latest driver.

VC vst2 opens but the graphics do not open. All I see is a window filled with a white color.
    The VC vst3 gave me a "Schwere Ausnahmefehler". Yep, I am from Germany and talk english to the german Access guys. lol.

• Nice update, fellas!

I installed it and am running a Max Patch with the vst~ object and some other stuff that allows me to run the editor on the computer and route external MIDI (from a Machinedrum in my case) into my Snow. It actually works quite well and the new features really sound great. Good work - I look forward to the non-public-beta version of 4.0!

BUGS - None of these are new..they've been around for quite awhile and I've reported them in the past....

1) There is still that stupid "Arpeggiator Swing Factor" bug when you turn the third soft knob (in Tutorial 5 patch for example) where the third param is Delay in that case. How hard that can be to fix? The param that it is changing is incorrect and no value is displayed in the "modal" "window" that pops up while turning the knob.

2) The MOD page EDIT MODULAT...LFO 3 x/3 is whacked out in the title area. The T on MODULAT and the L in LFO run all up into one another and cause a new letter to be formed, half bold, half plain text. LFO2 and LFO1 work fine.

That's it for now...thanks for all the hard work!

• Vowel Filter: Softknob to freg shifter freq not working
    Comb Filter: Softknob to freg shifter freq not working
    Matrix: Freg Shifter Mix not assignable as destination
    Matrix: Ctrl + Left Click doesn´t work to reset sliders of the slots
    Matrix: Arp to Osc Wave select works only in normal conditions for Classic Oscillator

Arp: Right click doesn´t work; cannot fill up pattern

After a while cannot move the arp slices by mouse; only by moving the small knobs of the slices
    Classic Delay 1/ 2 behaves like a 1/4 delay

• Vowel Filter: Softknob to freg shifter freq not working
    Comb Filter: Softknob to freg shifter freq not working

Yes - bug.

Zitat

Matrix: Freg Shifter Mix not assignable as destination

Not a bug - this should be on a wishlist.

Zitat

Matrix: Arp to Osc Wave select works only in normal conditions for Classic Oscillator

Not a bug - Wave select can only be modulated in Classic Oscillator mode. This is true for all modulation sources and cannot and will not be changed.

Zitat

Arp: Right click doesn´t work; cannot fill up pattern

Works fine here - what's your OS and sequencer host?

Zitat

Classic Delay 1/ 2 behaves like a 1/4 delay

Not if you increase the tempo - if you run at too slow a tempo, the absolute time value of a 1/2 note exceeds the maximum delay time. In this case, the Virus chooses the most musical alternative, i.e. a 1/4 note. The threshold for this is 162 bpm. The same thing happens if you try to use 1/4 note delay at a tempo of 81 bpm or lower - the Virus will automatically switch this to 1/8 notes.

• Thanks for these clarifications Ben. Wondering. Is Access aware of the soft knob bugs so it can be fixed? As well, for the Frequency Shifter Mix knob being on a wishlist, is this something you guys would consider or no? How apt are you guys to including destinations that aren't currently available?

• Have installed the new beta and it's unable to find my virus now. All installation works fine, bios update... but now is impossible to reach communication between my pc an the ti ¿Am I the only one? I thought midi driver isn't installed, so i've tried to repair installation and a blue error page was shown on my pc and need to reboot. ¿Any ideas?
    Working on XP SP2 64 bit + Cubase 5.1

Installed and unistalled several times and finally it's working ok!
    I will test it and report if different bugs are found...

• it started up the first time i installed it. However the effects didn't all work properly. Now, my soundcard doesnt work at all anymore. getting the same struggle i had with an earlier installer from my konnekt8 x64.
    Atm deinstalled both, the konnekt 8 and virus ti installer completely. Tomorow trying again, every time in a different manner until it works. Will post the outcome ofcourse. ;)

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• I installed it and am running a Max Patch with the vst~ object and some other stuff that allows me to run the editor on the computer and route external MIDI (from a Machinedrum in my case) into my Snow

Do you mean using both MIDI ports (usb+midi) ?? Or do you still have to route the midi from your MD to the VC ?

• that's strange... on my TI (desktop) it's working ulrafast, seems even faster that OS3... I don't have the TI2 at hand to compare but it seems just as fast and quick in response...

a

• T11,
    in general, you're totally right. but since the gentleman who stated above and i know i didn't address him as a "regular" customer. but there is also a background to it. a users reported a couple of days ago that his TI1 does behave slower and we did test a TI1 and TI2 against an older OS version. our result was that we cannot see a difference. and yes, i could have written more than "i doubt that".

best, marc

• T11,
    in general, you're totally right. but since the gentleman who stated above and i know i didn't address him as a "regular" customer. but there is also a background to it. a users reported a couple of days ago that his TI1 does behave slower and we did test a TI1 and TI2 against an older OS version. our result was that we cannot see a difference. and yes, i could have written more than "i doubt that".

best, marc

Then why is my unit lagging also? Or are you just going to doubt that as well?

• With the TI connected to Live 8.1.2b5 or Logic 9.1and Virus Control open, pressing the Store button or the program +/- buttons results in noticeable lagging of the display and actions on the TI2. With the TI2 in standalone mode, not connected via USB, there is no lag.

I have never noticed this behaviour with previous versions, but it's quite noticeable in this one. In the past for me the Store operation was just as fast if I was using VC, or not. It's still not what I would call a major issue, but I can definitely see it.

Nice to know I'm not a regular customer too.

OSX 10.6.2