OS4 IS OUT!!!!

• And just to clarify, because I have a feeling what answer will be given. I understand that with VC running there's a two way communication over USB that could be slowing things down compared to standalone. My comment is that it's more noticeable now than it has been in the past.

When I first got my TI2 a few months back, I was curious how much snappier it might be compared to my previous TI. So i was specifically looking for this sort of lagging behaviour like I used to occasioanlly see with the original TI. Never saw it though, so I was pretty pleased. That's one reason this stood out to me when I saw it now. Again, not a huge delay, maybe a second or two, but noticeable.

• I have found something very odd about the Virus Control Centre v4.0.0.18

When using "Burn to Flash ROM" I cannot load a Patch Bank properly that is not 2 folders deep in my patch library!

If I load a Patch Bank that is less than 2 folders deep in my patch library - a different file name appears - which does not relate to any of my Patch Bank names - let alone the one that I selected!

I discovered this when trying to dump the new OS4 patches to my TI Keyboard... thought I was going mad! :evil:

Virus TI mk1 Keyboard | RME FF 800 | Dynaudio BM6A's mk1, BM14S | Logic Pro X | Cubase 12 Pro | Mac OS 10.X | Windows 10 Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von emdebee ()

• Hello distinguished forumites,

I'm a new Virus TI Snow user and this is my first post. I bought the synth about a month ago and I've used it so far only as a conventional MIDI-controlled hardware module, since I had Win 7 x64 and OS v.3 wasn't really ready for it (I read about the graphic glitches, besides it wouldn't even install on my system.) Now that OS 4 is out, I'm really excited about being able to finally exploit the full potential of my Virus.
    Installation went smooth and the synth's OS was updated without problems. Now, before trying to use the VST inside my DAW, I wanted to toy with the stand-alone and start programming patches. The problem is, all the standalone application (Virus Control Center) does is maintenance and I only get three options: backup and restore, burn to flash rom and OS updater.

Am I missing something? There is no OS 4 manual that I could find on this site.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

• Now, before trying to use the VST inside my DAW, I wanted to toy with the stand-alone and start programming patches. The problem is, all the standalone application (Virus Control Center) does is maintenance and I only get three options: backup and restore, burn to flash rom and OS updater.

Am I missing something? There is no OS 4 manual that I could find on this site.

Hi... first of all - Welcome

Virus Control Center is only for Backing up/Restoring/Burning patches to ROM or OS updates... you are correct!

If you want to use the software editor, this must be done within a DAW via the plugin. Documentation can be found via the plugin by pressing the "?" at the bottom right of the plugin window...

Have fun :thumbup:

Virus TI mk1 Keyboard | RME FF 800 | Dynaudio BM6A's mk1, BM14S | Logic Pro X | Cubase 12 Pro | Mac OS 10.X | Windows 10 Pro

• "Hi... first of all - Welcome
    Virus Control Center is only for Backing up/Restoring/Burning patches to ROM or OS updates... you are correct!
    If you want to use the software editor, this must be done within a DAW via the plugin. Documentation can be found via the plugin by pressing the "?" at the bottom right of the plugin window...
    Have fun"

Thanks! Now opening Cubase... ;)

• If your experiencing lags with MIDI try conecting your Virus to something like a Emagic Amt8.? if you have the cash..

Have you checked your sound card setting and ASIO device setting ..?

I know if you use a Amt8 Emagic 8x8 midi interface you will get the 16 instances, i have tried this and it works perfect!!!.

• I installed it on my Mac with OS 10.4.11 without any problem whatsoever..... 8)

• With the TI connected to Live 8.1.2b5 or Logic 9.1and Virus Control open, pressing the Store button or the program +/- buttons results in noticeable lagging of the display and actions on the TI2. With the TI2 in standalone mode, not connected via USB, there is no lag.

I have never noticed this behaviour with previous versions, but it's quite noticeable in this one. In the past for me the Store operation was just as fast if I was using VC, or not. It's still not what I would call a major issue, but I can definitely see it.

Nice to know I'm not a regular customer too.

haha, no, you're not a regular customer, not in a positive sense and in my book ;) - that possible lag is different to what we tested, i'll contact you privately with more questions about it.

cheers, marc

• Works fine till now, Arp has been improved a lot, even if rarely use it i did it in my last project and its great.
    The stability also improved
    good work on this one Access, waiting for the graphics issue now with win 7

• a bit buggy guess will have 2 wait for an update. When I change distortion types like curry chilli, there is a substatial delay until you can hear the distortion change. also when you change the frequency shifter type re triggering a note is required for change to take effect. does anyone else notice these problems. thanks

• a bit buggy guess will have 2 wait for an update. When I change distortion types like curry chilli, there is a substatial delay until you can hear the distortion change. also when you change the frequency shifter type re triggering a note is required for change to take effect. does anyone else notice these problems. thanks

that's the way it is with all new effects. the change takes place with the next note(s), not instantly. this is also true for the new effects in OS3 btw.

best, marc

• Thanks very much Marc and team, excellent new functionality. I haven't personally noticed slowdown yet...

Marc, is there any chance that some sort of step smoothing/glide parameter can be added to the arp, or is that getting technically impossible? ;)

• My hats off to Access! Flawless installation and some great new functionality. I'm just starting to fiddle around with the Arp->Matrix - all I can say is WOW!

Windows 7 x64, Cubase 5.x (32bit)

• I tried disconnecting the USB now, and it still lags. Perhaps a slight slight improvement, but only bearly noticable.
    So; I'm going to downgrade mine to OS3 again and wait for Access-Music to fix this issue.

Too bad:'(

Please try holding down ARP EDIT when you connect the power cable. It may simply be that your TI needs a reset.

• because of something (to me unknown) that happened i got my sound back and can again start testing os4 :D hope this time it all works for me wooow :thumbup:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Please try holding down ARP EDIT when you connect the power cable. It may simply be that your TI needs a reset.

I make a habit of doing this every time I update the OS, regardless of it needs it or not. I feel it would never hurt to give the unit a fresh start after something as dramatic as a system update.

• This is without a doubt the best ever update for me so far for functionality, the install was a breeze and VC loads a lot faster. I'm using Acid Pro 6 which is an unsurported DAW, and i am able to get 8 tracks running using Virus Control without any crackles or pops, and it it has'nt crashed once yet, Well done Access, PS Marc is ACID PRO 6 now suported or am i just lucky