Seriously In Need of the Windows 64 bit 3.3.4.00 installer

• I know this particular version didn't work for most, but for me it worked just fine. Problem is, I just installed the latest 4.0 and it has totally buggered up the opening of projects created with version 3.3.4.00. Uninstalling the Virus completely from my system allows these projects to open. I installed the 3.3.5 variant over the 4.0 but it still crashes. I am 'assuming' there is mismatch between what is being used in my project and the 3.3.5 and 4.0 installer which is not allowing it to open. I would like to reinstall the exact version I know I created this project with which was 3.3.4.00 to see if this allows me to open it. If so I can save the patch to a fresh bank, uninstall, reinstall Version 4 and copy the patch back over. With me not copying the patch to My Patches.mid I now have zero change of recouping all the work I have done since Cubase refuses to load these projects. Someone please sort me out?!

• I know this particular version didn't work for most, but for me it worked just fine. Problem is, I just installed the latest 4.0 and it has totally buggered up the opening of projects created with version 3.3.4.00. Uninstalling the Virus completely from my system allows these projects to open. I installed the 3.3.5 variant over the 4.0 but it still crashes. I am 'assuming' there is mismatch between what is being used in my project and the 3.3.5 and 4.0 installer which is not allowing it to open. I would like to reinstall the exact version I know I created this project with which was 3.3.4.00 to see if this allows me to open it. If so I can save the patch to a fresh bank, uninstall, reinstall Version 4 and copy the patch back over. With me not copying the patch to My Patches.mid I now have zero change of recouping all the work I have done since Cubase refuses to load these projects. Someone please sort me out?!

if you delete everything (uninstall!) and re-install 4.0.0.18 i'm pretty sure that you will get further than with e.g. 3.3.4.00 - that basic difference in between 3.3.4.00 and 3.3.5.00 is a bug in the installer. if you system only works with the buggy installer, there is something fundamentally wrong with it.

best, marc

• Thanks for the reply Marc. Believe it or not, I truly believe the 3.3.4.00 installer is what I am after. I have uninstalled fully, cleaned out registry etc multiple times and installed the latest 4.0.0.18 as well as the 3.3.5.02 back and forth for the past 3 hours. The projects constantly crash no matter what when loading. If I uninstall the Virus software from my computer, the projects in question load without issue. I cannot load the Virus to dump my patches however as it is uninstalled. I think the problem is with the DLL file of my project looking for 3.3.4.00 yet it finds something different. Usually this would not be a problem, but for whatever reason it is today. Even if I install 3.3.5.02, Virus Control shows the firmware as 3.3.4.00 but the DLL of Virus Control as 3.3.5.02. I think this is where the problem lies. I am needing the DLL to read 3.3.4.00 to match that of the firmware. This is a brand new formatted system. I just redid everything on Monday and have worked on these projects constantly until this morning without issue. The ONLY thing I have done was install the 4.0.0.18 installer and when I went to reload my projects, bam, instant hell. Of course I don't have the 3.3.4.00 installer anymore since I formatted and no other version will allow these projects to load. I am at a catch 22 here. Either I lose the entire project from loading if I am on 4.0.0.18, or I don't use the Virus at all but salvage all my drum and vocal work in the process yet lose all my work I did with the Virus in those projects. I am totally lost and utterly pissed to be honest. I would really like the 3.3.4.00 installer for 64 bit Windows just to humor myself in trying out my theory. I am confident it work since the projects worked just fine last night, yet this morning they won't and only because I installed 4.0.0.18. Uninstalling and cleaning do nothing to remedy this situation. To really test things out I even loaded copies of these projects that I made to my backup drive before I formatted and they too will not load. They have not been touched in over a week so are not corrupt, but were also created with 3.3.4.00 installed. I understand this was problematic for most, but for me it was great and I would really appreciate getting my hands back on this. Please sort me out Marc, I beg of you.

Andrew

• Thanks for the reply Marc. Believe it or not, I truly believe the 3.3.4.00 installer is what I am after. I have uninstalled fully, cleaned out registry etc multiple times and installed the latest 4.0.0.18 as well as the 3.3.5.02 back and forth for the past 3 hours. The projects constantly crash no matter what when loading. If I uninstall the Virus software from my computer, the projects in question load without issue. I cannot load the Virus to dump my patches however as it is uninstalled. I think the problem is with the DLL file of my project looking for 3.3.4.00 yet it finds something different. Usually this would not be a problem, but for whatever reason it is today. Even if I install 3.3.5.02, Virus Control shows the firmware as 3.3.4.00 but the DLL of Virus Control as 3.3.5.02. I think this is where the problem lies. I am needing the DLL to read 3.3.4.00 to match that of the firmware. This is a brand new formatted system. I just redid everything on Monday and have worked on these projects constantly until this morning without issue. The ONLY thing I have done was install the 4.0.0.18 installer and when I went to reload my projects, bam, instant hell. Of course I don't have the 3.3.4.00 installer anymore since I formatted and no other version will allow these projects to load. I am at a catch 22 here. Either I lose the entire project from loading if I am on 4.0.0.18, or I don't use the Virus at all but salvage all my drum and vocal work in the process yet lose all my work I did with the Virus in those projects. I am totally lost and utterly pissed to be honest. I would really like the 3.3.4.00 installer for 64 bit Windows just to humor myself in trying out my theory. I am confident it work since the projects worked just fine last night, yet this morning they won't and only because I installed 4.0.0.18. Uninstalling and cleaning do nothing to remedy this situation. To really test things out I even loaded copies of these projects that I made to my backup drive before I formatted and they too will not load. They have not been touched in over a week so are not corrupt, but were also created with 3.3.4.00 installed. I understand this was problematic for most, but for me it was great and I would really appreciate getting my hands back on this. Please sort me out Marc, I beg of you.

Andrew

you should see 3.3.4.00 in the Older OS downloads - i hope that it will do good. version 3.3.5.02 showing a Virus TI OS version of 3.3.4.00 is totally normal and intended, nothing suspicious about that.

marc

• Hi Marc, unfortunately 3.3.4.00 is no longer listed on the Access Page. I have checked thoroughly. Since 3.3.5.02 was released, they have removed 3.3.4.00 from view. Would you happen to know of an exact link of where I can get it, or can put the file up for me to try? I understand that 3.3.5.02 showing is normal, I am not contesting that, I just know that 3.3.4.00 was showing, and I hope this is my saving grace, or I will be the only person in the world who will regret installing 4.0.0.18 today. It has literally ruined a lot of work for me if I can't get this sorted. Please see what you can do for me in tracking down this file. Thanks a ton.

EDIT... ok , I checked the page one more time and I did find it by checking for older downloads like you suggested. Sorry for doubting it was there. Wish me luck, I am nervously downloading now and installing while hoping for the best. I will keep you posted.

• I would really like the 3.3.4.00 installer for 64 bit Windows just to humor myself in trying out my theory

I heavily doubt that it will help you in any way, since the 3.3.5.02 has only changes in the installation routine.
    When installing the 4.0 or the 3.3.5.02 just make sure you really have the correct VST plugin folder selected so that the plugin DLL get really replaced.

-timo

• You guys were right, I was wrong. I obtained a copy of 3.3.4.00 and it did squat. I really had my hopes up but no. I have no clue what happened then, something has gone amiss over night since I last worked on it. Maybe Cubase itself is buggered I dunno. I manged to painstakingly get it sorted by booting into my XP drive, installing the Virus software there, opening the project in Cubase, saving my patches then removing the Virus plugin from the project. I then booted back into Windows 7, installed 4.0.0.18, and put the patches back and one by one copied the inserts and sends from the previous project to the 'new current' one. All seems to be well again. Whew. Lesson to self. Back up your patches!!!!! I had one hell of a day dealing with all this.

Thanks for all who helped and sorry for my bullshit reasoning. Since the Virus was the ONLY thing I changed over night, I thought it must have been that, but I guess it was something else and I will never know what.