(HELP) VIRUS TI POLAR OUT OF SYNC WITH LOGIC (HELP)

• Hi, my name is Fabrizio Nicolosi.
    I have bought a Virus Ti Polar 5-6 months ago.
    I have used it on a pc with cubase with no problem.
    I have bought a mac with logic and are started problems.
    The problem that i have is of sync.
    I have waitin' for the new version 4.0.0 but doesn't work better.
    Is a very frustrating problem and i need to fix it immediatly because i work with other person and they tell me why.
    When virus not sync, the sounds it generate makes an orrible crackling.
    On a virus Ti display come a write: a sync error occurred, press stop and play to clear, but i doesn't work no more.
    We tryed every kind of buffers, low latency or bigger buffers size.
    I have try everything and i don't no what to do.
    please help me urgently.

I leave my configuration:
    Apple Mac Pro Xeon 8 core + 8gb ram + 4 internal HD
    Mac OSX 10.6.2
    Logic Pro 9.1
    Motu HD192 + PCIe 424 ( latest driver 10.5.38 )
    VIRUS TI POLAR sn *EPEEU4ZBqzQ* ( which is also used as master keyboard on USB ) driver 4.0.0

Best regards, Fabrizio

• Hey Fabrizio I've find out the following:

-Connect the USB cable directly to the computer, not trhough a USB hub or anything like it.

-If you are using the virus you might want to reset it meaning go to the beginning of the sequence so that everything can load from scratch. Usually what happens is that some midi messages are left hanging and this can cause your virus to be out of sync. You can also try hittin on the PANIC button just to make sure.

-Another thing I have notice is that if you are trying to do many things, say for example your sequence is playing and you are changing patches it may cause the virus to get confuse and break.

They way I usually get around it is I just use my virus as a multi timbral instruments and have the sound coming out though the audio outputs it never chokes and you can control it via midi just like a sound module. If you want to automate something then just assign the CC#. I think is by far better and you will have a better experience like this. Besides the knobs are there for something no? :P

• Hello,

I also have this problem, have just installed version 4 and it still occurs, I thought that Logic 9 might be better, but that does not appear to be the case, I also find that the problem doesn't happen all the time, which makes it harder to identify the fault, which has been around for ages or so it seems. I have spoken to other users with a similar problem

I was wondering if it is necessary yo make some changes in Logic itself. Does anybody have any ideas?

Tim Hughes

• Hi guys, i leave here a mail from access staff:

"Dear Fabrizio,

This is in reference with your Request Ticket Number: SI00013114.

Dear Fabrizio,
    What is the audio buffer size set in Logics audio preferences window and what is the "process buffer range" parameter set to in the same preferences window?
    Also what other USB devices are connected to your Mac besides the TI and what is the delay compensation setting set to in the Logic preferences?

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner"

and this is my answear:

Dear Jorg,
    The audio buffer size set in logic is 128 Samples.
    The process buffer range is set into "LARGE"
    The plug in latency compensation is setting to "ALL"
    The others usb devices are the apple keyboard and a logitech mouse, but i don't think that is influence on it.

I have to tell you that from when i have installed the new system 4.0.0 the sync is better, is not perfect but the problems of sync are less.

Hope to receive an answear of you soon.

best wishes

Fabrizio