• Hi everybody,

I try to have a fat bass like in the DnB song but someting is missing and it doesn't sounds like i want ?
    I use 2 OSC Saw, an external distortion with a notch EQ, some chorus and a modulation on the Cut off, can someone help me ?

Thanks.

• Any chance you can give us a demo of what you have done so far then I might be able to help with where you are going wrong.

I have come pretty close with using the hyper saw but not set too high and a bit of de tuning and a standard saw wave then the wide distortion setting and also adding a bit of filter saturation you have to fiddle around with it a bit to find the sweet spot but for me filter saturation is definatly a big part. also dip the mid down a bit again just sweep around till it fits and then do a sub bass on a separate channel.

I don't know if this helps much I'm no expert but this is a way I have reasonable success with :thumbup:

• Just make sure Osc 2 is at maximum detune [this is the one vital step that makes a reece sound like a reece]. I like to run a lowpass filter into a highpass filter to get some nice sweeps happening. [hoover style :) ]

Distortion is a must. Don't know what the point of your "notch EQ" is, save EQ for the mixdown [you'll save DSP on the Virus too!].

As stated above - add a sub-bass [sine wave works well IMO] and you should be rocking!

There are around about 124,000,001 posts on the net about this, get searching!!!

• I've gotten some absolutely filthy post-Reece sounds at my Virus TI with a minimum of effort

Be sure to play around with the analog character and the new overdrive modes, also the classic filters saturation can be fun too

I don't like setting detune all the way, it sounds too much like that annoying jumpup Sub Focus crap

Your best bet is to just try and create something and not have an exact target in mind. Also play with the wave tables a bit... any modulating that you can make that is a natural effect of the waveforms phasing with each other generally sounds a lot better than trying to force something (EDIT: I mean, explicitly using modulation) later down the pipe

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von luciphercolors ()

• +1 what Luciphercolours said hit the nail on the head

There are too many sounds that I would love to make or wanted to make when I got into synths. The reece sound to "fly away home" by Concord Dawn is amazing and one I still want to nail perfect (check it out if you aint heard it pure filth!!!)
    But instead of trying to mimic sounds I started to just play around with my virus with the only idea being I want a really sic high impact sound. And after playing around and many rubish sounds (not forgeting frustration)when you reach a sound that you have made that is your own is to me way more enjoyable than just using a sound that has been churned out over and over.

Any way I really don't wanna preach to people this is me just sharing how i got into loving synths as much as I do, but for me spending that time making a new sound that people will ask on forums "How do I make that sound" (In my dreams!!!) would be much more of an achievement than just recreating sounds (not that there is anything wrong with that, I enjoy it as well)

-N-