I can't seem to get my setup (see below) in sync when I use the Virus Ti analogue outputs simultaneously with the Virus Ti USB outputs. I dont want to limit myself using the Virus Ti ONLY in "usb mode". I invested money in a soundcard that could handle more i/o & I want to use'm
1. I've followed the tutorials (i/o buffer size - 64, Buffer range - small, cycle - 1/96 etc etc) + read every single post I could find in here (& elsewhere on the web) about sync/latency issues.
2. My setup is:
- Logic 8.0.2 (mac book pro running mac osx 10.6.2 in 32bit mode)
- VC 4 on a Ti Desktop
- M-Audio FW1814 (firewire external soundcard). Latest firmware. Using this as the audio device)
- Axiom Pro (my "midi control unit")
- Korg Micro-X (using as a sound module)
- MBP firewire to the FW1814
- MBP USB to Axiom
- MBP USB to Virus Ti
- FW1814 midi to Korg Micro-X (have tried with the Micro-X connected via USB to the MBP as well using an unpowered USB Hub, but canned that due to even bigger sync issues). Sad, but I'll have to skip the Micro-X's AU plugin
In order to avoid latency I've tried all different types of Logic latency compensations - both general settings & project settings, but with no success..
1. Can any1 give me any serious suggestions, I'm about to give up, sell everything & just stay with softsynths..sigh..?
2. Would a self-powered USB hub help things up? That way maybe the MBP wouldn't have to power the connection to the Ti...? (remember reading that somewhere)
Thx in advance,