Yet another sync/latency issue, but still VERY frustrating

• Hi all!
    I can't seem to get my setup (see below) in sync when I use the Virus Ti analogue outputs simultaneously with the Virus Ti USB outputs. I dont want to limit myself using the Virus Ti ONLY in "usb mode". I invested money in a soundcard that could handle more i/o & I want to use'm :)

1. I've followed the tutorials (i/o buffer size - 64, Buffer range - small, cycle - 1/96 etc etc) + read every single post I could find in here (& elsewhere on the web) about sync/latency issues.
    2. My setup is:
    - Logic 8.0.2 (mac book pro running mac osx 10.6.2 in 32bit mode)
    - VC 4 on a Ti Desktop
    - M-Audio FW1814 (firewire external soundcard). Latest firmware. Using this as the audio device)
    - Axiom Pro (my "midi control unit")
    - Korg Micro-X (using as a sound module)

Connections:
    - MBP firewire to the FW1814
    - MBP USB to Axiom
    - MBP USB to Virus Ti
    - FW1814 midi to Korg Micro-X (have tried with the Micro-X connected via USB to the MBP as well using an unpowered USB Hub, but canned that due to even bigger sync issues). Sad, but I'll have to skip the Micro-X's AU plugin :thumbdown:

In order to avoid latency I've tried all different types of Logic latency compensations - both general settings & project settings, but with no success..

So..
    1. Can any1 give me any serious suggestions, I'm about to give up, sell everything & just stay with softsynths..sigh..?
    2. Would a self-powered USB hub help things up? That way maybe the MBP wouldn't have to power the connection to the Ti...? (remember reading that somewhere)

Thx in advance,
    //Val

• Hi all!
    I can't seem to get my setup (see below) in sync when I use the Virus Ti analogue outputs simultaneously with the Virus Ti USB outputs. I dont want to limit myself using the Virus Ti ONLY in "usb mode". I invested money in a soundcard that could handle more i/o & I want to use'm :)

the USB outs and the analog outs are not in sync when you use total integration. the analog outs will play ahead of time in this case. this topic has been covered numerous times over the years. there are technical hurdles beyond the scope of a plug-in which prevent the analog outs to be in sync. we are in communication with sequencer manufacturers regarding this issue and there might be good news in the future but the good news might only be valid for certain hosts and the latest versions.

best, marc

• Marc,
    Thanx
    for your fast response. I really appreciate your speedy response as I have been in the IT-support business for 10+ yrs now & know how tough it is.

Now, by knowing the limitations I'll try to use the gear as good as possible. Do you think the following approach is ok:

- Stay with the FW1814 as soundcard firewired to the Mac
    - Use the Virus Ti's analogue outputs only (to the FW1814) and using one of my Macs 2 USB ports for the Virus Ti
    - Use the Korg Micro-X as a Midi sound module without connecting it by USB (only by the Axioms Midi Out)
    - Fiddle with Logic's latency settings in order to be able to use other AU synths. This because I have analogue inputs involved (Ti & Micro-X)

and at last:
    - Would a selfpowered 2.0 USB hub between Mac & Virus Ti be of any use?

Cheers,
    //Val