Please help....Frustrated new owner of Virus TI Snow!

• Just today I purchased a brand new TI Snow...factory sealed in box from an authorized Dealer (Guitar Center). When I try to register the serial number from the sticker on the bottom of the unit, this website tells me that the serial number has already been registered. Therefore, I cannot register and cannot download the necessary software. Gee. Great out of the box experience! No CD in box....no way to download. Sitting here staring at my purchase with my hands in my pockets! Please help....what do I do. Yes I emailed Access support...but who knows how long (if?) that will take.

Thank you.....

Ron
    San Diego, CA USA

PS..sorry for the double post...I posted in wrong forum.

• My guess it wasn't really factory sealed...why else would the CD be missing and the serial number registered?

GC isn't the only dealer that reboxes returned gear, it's just that most dealers tell you and give you a lower price :whistling:

• Well...for the record....its been now almost 24 hours since I submitted a support request (got a "ticket number), and no response yet from Access.

And.....the outer box was sealed with clear packing tape which had Access Access Access Access printed on it all around the carton. Had not been tampered with in any way. And inside the inner box is a card which says: "Virus products do not include an install CD rom, and require you to use an internet connection...please go to http://www.virus.info/start".

Once again....it just leads to a really bad first impression for a brand new customer who just dropped big money on an Access product. Someone needs to rethink that process! If you are going to use a process like this....then it ought to be bullet proof against something like this happening!

Frustrated....and still waiting!

• Does anyone from Access support monitor these forums?

Another thing now......I went through and re-sent a support email request for assistance. The onscreen result of sending my request says that I will be sent a confirmation email. However...both times I have done this, I have not received any confirmation emails. I have double and triple checked my email address is correct.

HOW DO I GET HELP HERE!!!???

• Does anyone from Access support monitor these forums?

Another thing now......I went through and re-sent a support email request for assistance. The onscreen result of sending my request says that I will be sent a confirmation email. However...both times I have done this, I have not received any confirmation emails. I have double and triple checked my email address is correct.

HOW DO I GET HELP HERE!!!???

I recommend chilling out,the access support is pretty good from my experiences.This will get this problem resolved one way or another.I have sent a question to support on a saturday before and they responded next day...Sunday!No other company has replied to me on the weekend before,I was very impressed.Have you contacted guitar center?I can send you the OS if you want,I have 2.5.1/2.7.5 or 3.0.0.0 to 4.0.0.0,if you want,I will send them to you so you can try out your new gear.I am currently on 2.5.1 because it runs well on my computer(and I like the older gui more),the newer operating systems are not working out for me.

[email protected]

• RonF,

send me an email to ms @ access-music.de with the serial number and you full name, i'll make sure that we can help you out quick. also, please check your spam filter settings, we usually respond within a couple of hours.

we do not pre-register products, in fact the only way this can happen is another person (outside access music) had your TI Snow in possession before.

hth, marc

• thatbass...... Thank you sincerely for your response and for your offer. Let me say that it is not my intent to be obnoxious on these forums.....but I DO think that my experience as a new paying customer to Access is unacceptable. I have tried to follow the Access protocol....and have been blocked at every turn. And thus far, I have received absolutely no communication...not even an automated confirmation email so that I know my support inquiries have been received. However, I take it for granted that my circumstance must be a fluke....because I do not hear or see anyone else crying from the hill tops about anything like this. So, while I am chilling (what else can I do), I shouldn't HAVE to chill.......

BTW...Guitar Center has not other Snows in stock...so the obvious answer is, return it and we'll try to get you another one. Could take a while. Again...not a good answer for me.....and WHY do I need to go through all that? Why lock up the software download so tight anyways? Its useless to anyone unless they have the hardware...right? Doesn't the hardware act as the "dongle"? Its not like this is a softsynth which can be pirated. Right?

Anyways....what IS good in all this is the opportunity for me to meet a few guys here....and again, I sincerely appreciate your comments and your offer to send me the software. I am on MAC running 10.6. Is this what you have? If so, please let me know. I would like to try out the 4.0 version. Do you know if I will run into further serial number blocks when trying to INSTALL the software?

Thank you again, and I am patiently waiting for Access (both figuratively and literally!)...

Ron

• Marc,

Email sent. Thank you!!!!!!!

For the record...the Snow was packaged in its white inner box, which was contained with styrofoam inside a brown outer box...which had Access packing tape on all seams to seal the box. The clear packing tape had Access Access Access Access printed all along its length, and was not opened or cut in any way. I do not see how someone outside of Access could have opened the box and repackaged it this way.

Once again, my sincere thank you!

Ron

• I have to say....once Access got wind of my problem...they absolutely bent over backwards to take care of me, including personal phone calls to me and extensive follow up with the dealer who sold me the unit to find out what actually caused the issue. They took this very seriously and I am truly impressed with the people behind the product. They genuinely cared that I was unhappy, and truly wanted to make me happy. Very impressed! Bottom line, I am now fully registered and a happy camper. Nice!

Thanks for the comments and support i got on this forum too...good bunch of guys you all are! Access rocks!

Ron

• Well, i only see this question now. I realy would have brought that snow back. It looks like they been selling you a second handed piece as a new one?

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• I have to say....once Access got wind of my problem...they absolutely bent over backwards to take care of me, including personal phone calls to me and extensive follow up with the dealer who sold me the unit to find out what actually caused the issue. They took this very seriously and I am truly impressed with the people behind the product. They genuinely cared that I was unhappy, and truly wanted to make me happy. Very impressed! Bottom line, I am now fully registered and a happy camper. Nice!

Thanks for the comments and support i got on this forum too...good bunch of guys you all are! Access rocks!

Ron

Just a quick point. When I was considering buying my TI2 Polar, I registered on the Access site as a non owner and was able to download all the software and manuals etc.

I know this is of no use to you Ron but if it happens to someone else it may possibly help?

Regards, Chris

• Just a quick point. When I was considering buying my TI2 Polar, I registered on the Access site as a non owner and was able to download all the software and manuals etc.

I know this is of no use to you Ron but if it happens to someone else it may possibly help?

Regards, Chris

What is ur point dude? :huh: Realy don't have a clue what you trying to say here.

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• Sorry for the confusion.

I read that the problem was that you couldn't download the new firmware because you couldn't register your hardware.

My point is that you can download the new firmware as registering the hardware is irrelevant so waiting for days to get the hardware registered so you could download the new firmware was not necessary and you could have downloaded it immediately.

Regards, Chris