(VSTi) Ask if sounds should be overriden.

• So i was building this nice sound, worked on it like ~3-4 hours until it perfectly fitted into the song, and then just 1 second of carelessness, i've accidently overwritten the sound with a different one that i wanted to save in the slot underneath. While clicking the mouse must have jumped a few pixels to the top, and i haven't noticed it :cursing:, and after the song was saved the sound was finally gone, no way to get it back ;(

So, just an idea, an (optional) dialog that asks if one really wants to override sound xyz.

Regards...

• So i was building this nice sound, worked on it like ~3-4 hours until it perfectly fitted into the song, and then just 1 second of carelessness, i've accidently overwritten the sound with a different one that i wanted to save in the slot underneath. While clicking the mouse must have jumped a few pixels to the top, and i haven't noticed it :cursing:, and after the song was saved the sound was finally gone, no way to get it back ;(

So, just an idea, an (optional) dialog that asks if one really wants to override sound xyz.

Regards...

UNDO is your friend. it's in the context menu within the file browser.

best, marc

• Are you talking about the revert option in the part section? Well, that would have been an option if i had noticed that something gone wrong... but in the mean time i had loaded the accidently overriden patch from what i thought was the previous one, so the only option i had was to revert to the sound that has overriden the previous one, and to the overriden itself :pinch:

Regards...