sync, sync, sync. lets admit we have a problem and fix it ....

• Hi

The sync error occurs at random when the arpeggiator line kicks in on one of my tracks and recently has started occuring on other projects. I can't pin it down to any particular reason. Also I don't always get the sync error message. It only appears to be the Arp timing which doesn't lock to tempo, LFOs and delays appear to be ok, If it helps, the tempi of the projects are all around the 127 bpm region

Kind Regards

Same problem with Cubase 5.01 (32-bit):

when I load the VST2 TI plug and choose a arp sound, it seems to be not in sync with my host.
    I'm running my TI over a PCI USB card (only the TI is connected to) with the new OS4.
    Soundcard: Native Instruments Kontrol 1 (all drivers updated)

Btw.. in FL9 is the same sync problem.

Greets

• Same to me with PT LE 8.0.3 TIOS 4+.
    Arps won't sync in time (various tempo) and without live mode the audiostream begins to crackle.

I had this problem since 9 months, wrote more then 3 times to the access support with project files but they still can't say what's going wrong.
    Sorry, but that hurts.

• Same to me with PT LE 8.0.3 TIOS 4+.
    Arps won't sync in time (various tempo) and without live mode the audiostream begins to crackle.

I had this problem since 9 months, wrote more then 3 times to the access support with project files but they still can't say what's going wrong.
    Sorry, but that hurts.

so did the project you sent into support work for them with arps being in sync?

marc

• Never heard something from the support. Don't know if you remind me or not, but I send the same project to you.

I send a PT project with audio files, to simulate the sync problem.
    There is no reason to send the normal project, because on your M-Box you probably don't have the same sync troubles.
    use 003 Rack+, XP

I just want to show some threads with PT LE and latency troubles:

sync issues with PT LE - http://www.access-music.de/for…page=Thread&threadID=1089
    project files - http://www.access-music.de/for…ead&threadID=846&pageNo=2
    same troubles - http://www.access-music.de/for…=4069&highlight=#post4069
    FIX [RTAS] - http://www.access-music.de/for…=3664&highlight=#post3664

There are more users then me, but it seams to be a global troubleshooting.
    So please spend some time in engineering to handle the latency problems thru USB and virus.

• i get the sync errror in cubase. Ive checked my usb hub roots and its by itself.. this is on a minty i7 pc, running cubase 5 latest version. I actually am not sure if it effeects the sounds because it seems to keep playing back regardless... just annoying having a red alert.. distracts from the other technical stuff :P

• Same issue with a recently purchased Polar TI2. I call it the drunken arp syndrome. Ableton Live gives me more than enough problems already *sigh* and now this.

2009 MacPro running Live 8.2 & Logic 9.

Everytime the Arp kicks in, it goes super drunk. I usually hit Start/Stop multiple times hoping for it to run in time.

The other issue I'm having is random modulation being applied on patches while I'm playing them. Again, very random. I ussually have to push the modwheel up & down to reset it.

It has almost rendered the Virus useless. And I definitely need VC running, its the reason I picked up a 2nd Virus ;(

• i get the sync errror in cubase. Ive checked my usb hub roots and its by itself.. this is on a minty i7 pc, running cubase 5 latest version. I actually am not sure if it effeects the sounds because it seems to keep playing back regardless... just annoying having a red alert.. distracts from the other technical stuff :P

the error indicates that data got lost. this is serious, not only distracting. data doesn't get lost in virus control or in the virus, it gets lost in between.

best, marc

• Same issue with a recently purchased Polar TI2. I call it the drunken arp syndrome. Ableton Live gives me more than enough problems already *sigh* and now this.

drunken arp means that something is delaying timing information. check, if that happens when you disconnect all USB devices and use the tutorial song. sure that is not a solution but might point you in the right direction. did you read the setup guide and the USB specific info in there (especially the part talking about hubs and why there is situations where you can benefit from using a hub)?

best, marc

• I did have a look at the Basic Operations part of the Quickstart Manual, which states that I must not use a HUB. I'm running a 2009 Mac Pro and am assuming that there are 2 USB buses in there, one on the front and one at the back. The front bus is completely dedicated to the Polar. Yet, I face the symptoms where the Arp slows down, speeds up and drifts into randomness.

I do have a spare powered USB hub lying around, should I dedicate that to the Virus? Most of the time, with only one Virus track active in a DAW, while I'm designing sounds or just mucking around, it's fine. I've noticed that the problem usually kicks in when the project starts getting busy. When I'm playing back parts constantly with multiple other softsynths etc within a track. Hence, disconnecting and running the tutorial song wouldn't display the problem.

It would be a great relief to get this sorted. :thumbup:

• I did have a look at the Basic Operations part of the Quickstart Manual, which states that I must not use a HUB

i was referring to the setup guide, not the quick start guide. quote from page 6:

Choose a USB port for the Virus TI
    Firstly, to all PC users: do not connect the Virus TI just now - read on, before you do so! Depending on your USB peripherals used by your computer, a little research on which port the Virus TI connects to best can save you loads of headaches later. Ideally, you should choose a free port which is not shared with any other components. If that’s not an option, choose a port which shares a root hub with one other device. This device should not consume much bandwidth.

Here is some background info on high speed hubs and full speed USB devices:
    high speed hubs, also known as “USB2 hubs”, distribute USB signals to all connected devices. When communicating with a slower device, also known as full speed devices or “USB1 devices”, the hubs slow down the data rate by a so called "transaction translator". Just think of it as a truck lane where the slower trucks are supposed to drive on a highway. In case the USB2 hub features only one truck lane, it will be used for all USB1 devices connected. As a result, all USB1 devices connected share this one truck lane, or, in other words, share the bandwidth that one USB1 device would normally have to itself.
    As a result, if you use a USB2 hub, the Virus TI should be the only USB1 device connected to this hub. This way the Virus TI will get the bandwidth it needs to operate without problems. Connecting more USB2 devices is fine.

best, marc

• This has been so frustrating. And reading all these posts, i see no resolve to this yet.

I'm using Virus TI snow latest version driver Live 8 latest driver... I have many analog MIDI synths that all work fine... Virus is the only one that will not play MIDI notes in sync. This is painfully obvious when you compare the MIDI bar to the corresponding recorded audio bar... some notes line up and some are late, never early just late. It's random which notes will be late.

Sometimes its worse than other times. right now it's really bad... I think I had the least amount of trouble with the oldest driver I could get 2 years ago.

This just sucks so bad.

I can't make music with this TI. I don't know what to do

• right now it's really bad...

Ok, I know why it's so bad now... Max for live is the culprit this time... Once I stopped using that I could get it to sync again.

I've had a lot of syncing troubles and had to switch from a PC to a Mac because of it but it's gotten a lot better, on a mac. Forget Max for Live though!!

• Ok, I know why it's so bad now... Max for live is the culprit this time... Once I stopped using that I could get it to sync again.

I've had a lot of syncing troubles and had to switch from a PC to a Mac because of it but it's gotten a lot better, on a mac. Forget Max for Live though!!

I use max4live without any problem (see a typical ableton live set I use here : http://www.virus.info/forum/in…ad&postID=10815#post10815 ), but I do not use the VC VST anymore. You have to check the latency you set in the patcher inspector.