As soon as OS4 is installed, after reboot T.C. Konnekt 8 doesn't work anymore.

• Dear Access,

This is the second time this happened, i installed os4 and my soundcard doesn't work anymore. It took me a long time to get my soundcard working. So i was thinking i could try installing the os4 software again, and this worked just like before, until i reboot the system. Then the card daw icon is blinking, in fact trying to connect, reconnect, connect, reconnect, etc.

This definitely has to do with the os4 installer rather than my soundcard as that is something that was already connected before the os4.

Strange thing is that the Virus TI is connected by USB and the T.C. Konnekt 8 is connected by firewire.
    So this could not be a about the connections but has just to do with the installler software that is provided with os4.

Hope there can be made adjustments so all other hardware keeps working, let me know what access is going to do about this issue.

best, :S

Stef

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• Hi Marc,

Yes i have done this test a few times now. It's actualy hard to get my soundcard working again. I succeeded onces but now i am wondering again how i did that before.
    Installing, Uninstalling, Reinstalling, etc, both with the soundcard turned on or off, but without succes this time. Tried to reset to factory default a few times.
    Uninstalled all virus software again as well. At that point (yesterday) i was about to call in help from T.C. support and switched my soundcard on it actualy worked.
    Then i installed OS4 to see if this time it would keep working but after reboot the soundcard failed again.

My studiocomputer:

motherboard = Asus Rampage Extreme
    CPU = Core 2 Duo - Quad core 3ghz
    Mem = 8gig 1600Mhz OCZ
    GPU = Asus ATI EAH 4890
    C: = 128gb SSD (solid state disk) Crosair 220/200
    D: = 320gb HDD for instrument libraries
    E: = 320gb HDD for backup, other files, etc

Hardware connected to computer that could be relevant to this issue:

T.C. Eletronic Konnekt 8 external soundcard through firewire (latest 64bit driver/software)
    T.C. Eletronic Powercore 6000 through firewire (latest 64bit beta driver/software)
    Access Virus TI Polar through USB (lastest 64bit driver/software)

In fact i not connect any of the hardware on the computer at this moment i just want sound for listening to music or doing a game or programming actionscript or whatever.
    Just as soon as i installed OS4 my sound is gone without even the hardware synth or DSP connected.
    What else information you need more, just ask and i will try to give that. ;)

thanks for the fast reply

FW: Korg m3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• Does IRQ has to do with this? is the Virus installer using hte same IRQ as the Konnekt 8 maybe? Or is the Virus installer rewritting ie1394 firewire drivers? (i think not but i realy don't have a clue actualy).

Can u give me information about the installer and IRQ port is uses?

Best,

Stef