Virus TI Vs. VST's

• Among other things:

-- No matter how many tracks you have the TI play there is no increase in CPU load. This means you use it with older, slower computers, get higher track counts or do less track freezing.

-- Runs on both Mac and Windows (not all VSTs do)

-- You can manipulate the knobs of the TI while it is playing, no need for a separate control interface or a mouse.

-- The TI is a USB audio interface.

-- The TI can be used standalone without a computer.

• If this bloke cant tell the difference then why did he spend Heaps of cash on something he has no clue about..?

The Virus Ti has been used by some very famous artist including linkingpark, also Tiesto, Armin Van burean and they all say that the Virus Line are the most versatile piece of hardware they have ever used.

I use both Top end Vst and Virus Ti, and the Virus Ti i must say can do things a normal or hi end Vst cant.

But the bottom line here is preference i guess.

When i first read the Post "What makes the Virus better than the top VSTi plugins?" I was about to scream and go completely Trolling on this forum.

But i guess everyone is entitled to have questions, Dumb or not.

To you sire Mr HellowMello i will tell you this.....If you cant tell the difference then please Sell your Virus and leave this forum, because if i read another stupid question like this i am going to scream.

If you want a more in depth analysis about this question feel free to ask Mark from Access 8) LOL, i am sure he will help ya out with your question.

• HelloMellow,

the virus is not all about being a VSTi - it is a musical instrument in the first place. you can compare specs as long as you want, what you need to do is to compare the sound. and on that, for sure, everybody has his personal preference. so find one in a shop and play it, i'm sure after a couple of minutes you know if it's worth it or not.
    this part of the forum is public, so everybody can post, i think it's a valid question but some more details would help.

best, marc

• :rolleyes: Well, besides the cpu advantage i think nowadays the technology is that far there isn't much difference and more comes to taste if one want to play the nobs or just use the mouse to navigate the instrument.

I was going to say the virus TI sounds way better than virtual instruments but for example the Virus powercore that i also own sounds just as great as the TI only it is based on Virus A, B and C. You realy fall in love when you look at the Virus TI Polar, module or snow you should buy it because you definitely won't regret it. You realy think it isn't giving you that extra, leave it. Simple as that. Only u can decide whatever you going to do. succes. :thumbup:

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Monomeester ()

• You didnt give any real answer, you just said that it was a dumb question. what can the virus do that other VSTi's can't?
    Don't get me wrong I love the virus and i love how it sounds, but there is heaps of VSTi's that also sound amazing.
    So if you are only going to talk crap and don't have any real answers, "please leave the forum".

• VSTi's can create a huge Unison count.
    And I love unison, tho I don't ever use VSTi's, because the real synths outputs sound the best

• This part of the Forum is public, just like what Mark said, so i dont have to answere your question, i can write what i feel or say what i want...

Sorry again HellowMellow if i didn't answer your question.

Please read Mark from Access answere to your question again. I think he speaks for all of us.

"HelloMellow,

the virus is not all about being a VSTi - it is a musical instrument in the first place. you can compare specs as long as you want, what you need to do is to compare the sound. and on that, for sure, everybody has his personal preference. so find one in a shop and play it, i'm sure after a couple of minutes you know if it's worth it or not.
    this part of the forum is public, so everybody can post, i think it's a valid question but some more details would help.

best, marc"

• This part of the Forum is public, just like what Mark said, so i dont have to answere your question, i can write what i feel or say what i want...

Sorry again HellowMellow if i didn't answer your question.

Please read Mark from Access answere to your question again. I think he speaks for all of us.

Sure you can, and I can post whatever i want, and I hope that next time i post something you can be kind enough to say something that has something to do with the subject and not "gtfo"

• You get these kinds of responses because your question suggests you're either trollin' or you're very new to synths. Either way, explaining why the virus is special is like trying to explain why Mona Lisa is one of the most expensive paintings to someone seeing it for the 1st time... It's just a subjective thing, but a lot of people like it and use it, getting great results.

And questioning what is the difference between a virus and a VST synth is ridiculous. What is the difference between a Ferrari and a Fiat? They're both cars. They both do the same thing - drive you places. So do you know anyone who would prefer to drive a Fiat? Of course not.

There is no single thing Virus does best. But in all, it's the most flexible and complete VA synth with a unique sound. And VST's have been trying to copy and emulate that sound for 10 years, ever since the 1st VST's came out. Yet we still have nothing that beats it in it's game.

If you're suggesting the basic architecture is the same, then yes. All subtractive synths have a similar architecture. But do they sound the same? Not even close.

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• Hello! Me first post, me thinks!

First of all: 1000x Thank-you! to Marc et al. for making the Virus TI in the first place! I absolutely positively love it, and am thrilled by it everytime I fiddle it's knobs....

Almost sounds erotic, doesn't it! My girlfriend's got competition....

OK: I own both; I use both. The simple comparison is that exceptional hardware (like the TI Snow) just flat-out sounds BETTER even when compared to a fast, well-built high-end audio computer running Omnisphere, as an example.

Some would argue that you get more of a 3D soundstage w/good hardware. Arguably, you can significantly enhance an audio computer's soundstage with a genuinely pro 'soundcard' (or audio sub-system...I run a 2-piece RME set-up, as an ex.); but I have yet to be blown away like I am by the TI Snow.

Just ain't the same.

Computers are not really good with real-time DSP-driven software; although they are getting a lot better. U-HE's ACE is a great example of just how far they've come.

Computers ARE good at running large samplesets using hosts like Kontakt where extensive sample-switching and other sample management functions are required. Think Gigasampler; and you have a solid, foundational idea of what current audio computers were born to do in the instrument realm.

I'll stop there. Anyone care to elaborate on (or argue with!) my comparison, please feel free!

-Roger

• Hey guys I just bought a virus ti snow I mean I did not have enough money to buy the desktop ti2 but I wish I did but I just cannot resist I have been saving up for months almost a year and I cannot quite get to the 1700 bucks that the ti2 is going for so I went with the snow do you think I am missing out on the lots of the sound and ability to produce nice ambient, dub, dub techno ambient tracks.

• You know THE ANSWER - if you'w tray a rubber girl in you life and i hope you'w tray real girl in you life...
    It's easy, real tits, pusys and ass always beter... I think ;) and i think i'm not the one...