Windows 7 with Virus TI2 compatability

• :wacko: Hi, ive just purchased a new laptop running windows 7 and im having problems running my virus desktop TI2, everything loads up and syncs ok but when i begin creating tracks I experience crackles and sync errors. Ive previously used my TI2 with Cubase SX3 on Windows xp32bit and had fewer problems.

Ive upgraded due to a broken laptop and I was hoping to overcome problems with quantizing my tracks that I had with CUBASE SX3. Although the quantize issues have been resolved by using cubase 5.1.1 on windows 7, the sync/crackle problem is by far worse.

Im guessing windows 7 does not support my virus even operating system 4 thats just come out. Is this the case as all my settings seem to be set correct and the laptop is more than powerful. This is such a shame as cubase 5 is perfect for me and windows 7 is what I have now. If this is the case then how long will it be before Access have a fix as I need to make some productions asap. :wacko:

• Hi Chris,

Cubase uses a very high latency setting by default (5520 Samples iirc).
    Make sure you are using a native ASIO driver (for a test, use the Virus ASIO driver) and make sure the buffer is set to less or equal 512 samples (in the Virus ASIO driver, this is "normal" or faster...

For more help, please address the Access Support.

-timo

• Have you also made sure that USB selective suspend is disabled, too - this will cause the crackling that you describe (it did for me, anyway). When you install it on Win7 the installer doesnt mention selective suspend or ask to disable it for you.

To find it:

Control panel -> Power Options (in large icon view selected from the top right of the control panel window) -> Edit plan settings for the plan you wish to use -> Change advanced power settings -> scroll down the list on the window that comes up down to [+] USB -> open that up and the rest should be pretty obvious from there.

Hope that helps...

• Ok Ive done the following and I hope im now free of this wretched crackling and sync problem ,pretty much anyway. I get a slight crackle now and then now but the syncs spot on even with 16 tracks using all the TIs voices.
    On my laptop which is a pretty average Samsung RS19 Pentum R dual core, 4gb ram, 2.2 ghz 32bit with a Realtek soundcard running windows 7 home premium and cubase 5.1.1 for windows 7. Ive set it to optimised performance and in advanced settings of power options Ive changed usb selective suspend setting to disabled. The fan is going all the time. The laptops and its usb ports basically going at 100% all the time now which the ti2 needs when your working 10 - 16 tracks and a lot of voices.
    I am using the Ti virus TI asio 2.8.31 driver, I guess this comes with The TIs operating system version 4.0 that I have installed. Ive set system performance to fast and Application priority to above norma to get the best resultsl.
    In the advanced options Ive set Audio priority to boost ,Multi processing is enabled, Disk preload is set to two seconds. Record shift set to 512 samples.

Thanks for all you help, ill forward this to access support

• Doh!! STill getting problems with crackles despite all the adjustments, setting laptop to its fastest optimised setting works better although doing mixdowns is a gamble in cubase export to wave/mp3 and Im having to free us voices by removing effects as the laptop reports CPU overload. I thought the virus was supposed to do all the work and free up the pc/laptop memory. Annoying and time consuming. I need a mac, that apparently solves these issues. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

• Ive just looked at the new ti setup guide and it says crackles can be caused by an interupted usb signal. It is advised that you use and allocate one usb for use with the ti im not sure the best way to do that, Ive installed the drivers etc, but my ti2 works with any of my 3 usbs I plug it into. The crckling is present on all. I keep adjust the device settings to minimise this. Any one else suffering from these crackles. My setups a windows 7, 2.3ghz, 4 gig ram running cubase 5. I just want to get rid of them for once and for all. :love:

• The problems Im experiencing are crackles and sync issues.

Im not too clued up on setup of internal usb devices and how they work. Externally ive connected to a usb flash drive, printer, phone, dvd rom in the past. After reading how to setup the usb ports for the virus to work best Ive reset my usb ports so they dedicated to and free just to process signals for my TI2.

Im currently using windows 7 home premium , 32. 4 gb ram, 2.2 intel processor. Ive got the latest op system on the virus now v4.0 so Id have hoped that would have fixed it, but it hasn't.
    It seems all the pros are using a mac with logic or ableton as far as I can gather and I appear to be in the minority with my cubase 5 and windows 7 setup.
    If my ti2 wont work smoothly with a windows pc then I need to know and either get a mac or sell my ti2 and get something that will.

Due to frustration with the above over the last year Ive sent my Ti2 back to the dealer to test for any problems as i want to be sure its not the unit before the warranty expires.

If my ti2 turns out to be free of bugs etc. Ill be looking to get the usb setup sorted if anyone can help or hear from any users that are having no problems with sync and their setups, if they are visiting or posting on this site. Ill post the outcome of the dealers verdict. In the meantime if anyone has any positive input please reply to this or preferably email me at [email protected]. All I want is to make good music at the end of the day. :wacko: 8| ?(