New User - OS4 LFO bug?

• Can someone please send me the hot fix?

I contacted support and they have sent me (and the dealer) the original patch (2010-03) that did not work for anyone in this thread:
    Virus TI Hotfix 2010-03
    and
    Virus TI Hotfix 2010-03v2

I've tried both.

But from what everyone has said in this thread, what I actually need this one:
    Virus TI LED Swap Problem Hotfix 2010-05 Windows

Mac or Windows version I don't care. But it looks like the last windows version (2010-05) finally worked, so I'd like that one.

I can't find it anywhere in the downloads section and I'm starting to get really frustrated.
    I would appreciate someones help because my LFO LED's are still swapped around.
    Thanks.

• if you use a different hotfix to the one we have sent you, you will act at your own risk and eventually void warranty. if the hotfix does not work for you as expected, please discuss this with access support.
    marc

Hello Marc,
    I have the same LFOs Led Swapping problem of other users on this topic.

I have contacted the Access support and exposed my problem.
    They said me to apply the Led Hotfix patch (2010-03v2) to solve the issue.
    I did it but the problem is not solved.
    I contacted the support area but this time I have not had any response or indication.
    The "funny thing" is that now the Hotfix patch no longer appears in the download section! ?(

But is it really so difficult to explain that you are trying to solve the problem or that the problem will be resolved with the official version of OS5 and then give an answer to a user who asks a question?

Thank you.

• But is it really so difficult to explain that you are trying to solve the problem or that the problem will be resolved with the official version of OS5 and then give an answer to a user who asks a question?

the hotfix addresses a hardware issue back in early 2010. we've shipped a couple of boards which had the LFO LEDs crosswired. the fix does only one thing: it switches on a workaround. i'm curious., since this is your first post. when did you buy your virus?

marc

• Hi Marc,
    like I said to the support guy (Jorg), I've bought the desktop TI2 (like a second hand) two weeks ago.

When you say "we've shipped a couple of boards which had the LFO LEDs crosswired" it means that the problem
    it's a PCB issue and the fixing can be made phisically swapping the two LEDs anode connection?
    If it's only this, for me it's not a problem at all; I'm an electronic technician and I repair synthesizers (vintage and not) every day.

But if the problem it's software and must be addressed with a modified flag value or similar, I want to know it.

Thank you.

Max

• When you say "we've shipped a couple of boards which had the LFO LEDs crosswired" it means that the problem
    it's a PCB issue and the fixing can be made phisically swapping the two LEDs anode connection?
    If it's only this, for me it's not a problem at all; I'm an electronic technician and I repair synthesizers (vintage and not) every day.

the fix swaps the addressing of the LEDs. so no need for any soldering. and yes, you could also alter the panel board but i would advise against it. the software fix worked good for who was in need so far.
    marc

• Dear Marc,
    like I said in my first post

Zitat

They said me to apply the Led Hotfix patch (2010-03v2) to solve the issue.
    I did it but the problem is not solved.

The strange thing is that if I am now trying to re-Hotfix patch of LEDs, not finding my Virus.! ?(
    If I launch the VC, then my Virus connects with my computer normally.

However, last night I've opened my Virus and I decided to change the connection of two 330 Ohm resistors that connect the two LEDs on the panel board concerned.

I could also reverse the two pins 6 and 8 of the Hex-Inverter 74F04 on the mother-board, but surely the exchange of the two resistors is less invasive.

Max

• Problem solved!

Below I enclose three photos of the modification on the panel board of the Virus TI2.

Warning:
    Performing this modification will VOID THE WARRANTY OF YOUR INSTRUMENT!
    Furthermore, it must be performed by experienced personnel who know the technologies and electronic processing.
    You must also be aware that if you make the modification incorrectly you can compromise the use of your instrument.
    I will not be responsible for damages to persons or things arising from the application of these guidelines.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Panel board Led zone before the modification
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.disco-doro.it/temp/~VTI2/Before.JPG]

Desoldering and replacing resistors 330 Ohm
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.disco-doro.it/temp/~VTI2/Between.JPG]
    Note: remeber to remove the button caps ENV MODE and SHAPE before operate with the low power solder

Panel board Led zone after the modification
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.disco-doro.it/temp/~VTI2/After.JPG]

That's it!

Have a nice weekend. :)
    Max