New User - OS4 LFO bug?

• Hello,

I received my first ever Virus a few days ago, the TI2 desktop. I downloaded OS4, everything seemed to installed and update successfully. However... I've discovered something strange happening with the LFO section of the synth, it's very easy to explain what's happening...

I select LFO 1 and adjust the rate, the speed of the LED for LFO 3 changes. I select LFO 3 and adjust the rate, the speed of the LED for LFO 1 changes. LFO 2 is fine. Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this? It doesn't matter what patch I'm using, this happens all the time.

• That's a weird one, but my buddy in chicago just got a TI2 and is experiencing the same problem. :( but I think its an isolated isue with TI2 hardware because he rolled back to 3.X.X on it and still the same issue.

Id talk about returning yours for a fresh one.

Seems like its hardware not software.

• Are you testing this in Virus control or hardware mode?My delay goes crazy on os 3-4in virus control but in hardware mode it worked fine.I would try this out in hardware mode before returning it,you may just need to use a different usb port or something of the computer nature.If this is happening in hardware mode then I dunno what ta do 8o .

• Yes, I have this problem...

I have purchased and returned 2 Polar Ti2's with the same symptoms. The problem is not OS related, it is a hardware issue. I keep hoping for a good one...

WTF?

• Found a similar bug when using tempo sync in any LFO. When turning the lfo speed knob to max (16/1 i think) the lfo goes crazy and locks out (don't know of a better way to describe it) changing color and is no longer editable. 100% sure this was not present in OS3.

DAW: Cubase 7.5 (x86/x64)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 @ 4.0GHz
    MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
    RAM: 3x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5
    HDD: Intel 320 120GB SSD, 2x Seagate 320GB (raid0)
    Sound: E-mu 1212M
    Monitoring: Dynaudio BM6A Mk2 + BM9S Sub
    DSP: UAD-2 Duo
    USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

• I am running OS 3.0.1.06 on my Polar Ti2, the previous unit had OS 3 / 4 but suffered the same symptoms...

i don't believe that this is a firmware problem; but if this is hardware related, I do not want to keep the board.

• The problem is not software related & I am going to return my Ti 2...

I have tried to work with Access to resolve this issue, but I am not being supported.

I wish I could express how very disappointed with customer service!

Maybe I should purchase from Waldorf instead?

• maybe you could just wait until we release the next software update. if that doesn't work for you, feel free to return it or whatever you prefer to do.

i don't think that swapped LFO LEDs are a really serious problem, unless you don't get them fixed. as i stated a couple of days ago, we can fix the problem by software - so why do you say now that you're not being supported?

marc

• I am not looking for a software fix for a hardware problem...

I have tried 2 different units with OS 3 & 4 which have the same problem.

I know other users that are running the Ti2 with OS 3 & 4 which have no issues.

I would also appreciate direct support and communication with the manufacture, not via a public forum!

• I guess my frustration comes from the fact that I believe that the problem is a hardware issue that is being addressed as a software glitch.

I have sent multiple emails to support and would appreciate a direct response. I'm not looking for a software patch to resolve a hardware problem; (which would only reappear on my next system update).

I have had a "NEW" synth for 3 weeks already that does not operate properly; my return period is running out and I don't want to be stuck with a defective unit.

A simple explanation of the problem and viable solution would avoid me venting my frustrations in a public forum...

The case # is (SI00013224)

• we've changed something on the panel board, which controls the LFO LEDs and we were not able to roll out a software which knows about this revision of the board and "programs" it in the right fashion. revisions happen a lot for various reasons and software reflects all those revisions, if needed. in this case, the software is late. this case here is a bit like people on the same street move house within the street and the postman doesn't know.
    best, marc

• Do you anticipate that this problem will be fixed in the new OS update?

Do you have an expected release date yet?

• I have had a problem with my LED's since I bought my unit back in June of 2009. From the split second I turned on my Ti the Transpose +2 LED was half lit despite the transpose of the patch being set at 0. To this day it is still lit. I was really anxious at first too thinking something was wrong with my unit, but I think it was more just 'knowing' my brand new and very expensive unit was not 100% perfect. It had a flaw and it played on my mind for awhile. There is nothing wrong however and it is purely cosmetic. I am far from a hardcore user of the Virus but from whenever I have used it it has been just fine. No lockups, drop outs, crackles, clicks, pops etc, it works well. Give Marc a chance on the update and you may be pleasantly surprised.

• we've changed something on the panel board, which controls the LFO LEDs and we were not able to roll out a software which knows about this revision of the board and "programs" it in the right fashion. revisions happen a lot for various reasons and software reflects all those revisions, if needed. in this case, the software is late. this case here is a bit like people on the same street move house within the street and the postman doesn't know.
    best, marc

:wacko: Nice way of dealing with your customer there. why on earth would you not say that from the beginning? Instead of putting a worried customer thru days of frustration and returned keyboards. If anything now I see it as a reason to doubt whether your even speaking the truth and it's not just a bad batch of boards. I think your customer relations needs some work. Not to mention ur US representatives that have absolutely no clue how to deal with customers and come off with smart ass remarks!! not very cool over something so stupid and simple... I would've disclosed it to the worried client day one, and POOF problem gone, Its not my intent to start a war with you but if you don't see how you guys handled this situation wrong then Access needs some etiquette lessons.

So how long does he have to deal with the "insignificant" issue for? is a fix coming out 2 revisions from now? (6 months later?) is the new rev of the board worth having or is the previous rev fine? can you be more specific so that the client could be set at peace, that its truly not a defective batch of boards that's being dealt with after the fact?