PUMPING YOUR PAD

• hi i need to know how to pump my pad sounds

i use a compressor or sometimes a gate to pump my pad with my kick drum i side chain my kick drum to a pad and bla bla bla

how do i do this on this virus analog not using logic

and how do u do this using logic thanks :)

• i think nobody ( incl. me) understood your problem exactly...
    maybe this link can solve things a bit.. i'm not sure :)

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• in trance music people side chain there kick drum to the typical 4 to the floor type of beat. they use a compressor to side chain it to the pad to create an effect of pumping making the kicks sit more mix and the pad breathe. very typical.

i use this effect all the time in my daw (logic)

with the virus ti plugin os4 u can not place compressors on channel strips with out it effecting all channels ..."duh"

without bouncing individual audio tracks how would i achieve the effect of pumping

im guessing it might have to do somethign whit something about arp to matrix

but i prefer to do this in analog (standalone) i tend not to use my daw

check out this video ull see what im talking about

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Have you tried using an lfo set to a ramp up shape controlling oscillator or patch volume?
    To make an lfo ramp up you set it to triangle with the contour fully positive ie all the way to the right.
    In the mod matrix set this lfo to modulate either patch volume or oscillator volume. Make sure the oscillator volume in the VC osc tab is set to 0 that way with positive modulation in the matrix it will basically make the sound go from 0 to full causing this pumping effect your on about. have the lfo set to 1/4 for the classic kick ducking effect.
    Worth a shot :)
    Also make sure the lfo trig phase is set to 1 and in sync, change the oscilator volume in the osc tab to change the amount of pumping that you want

• Have you tried using an lfo set to a ramp up shape controlling oscillator or patch volume?
    To make an lfo ramp up you set it to triangle with the contour fully positive ie all the way to the right.
    In the mod matrix set this lfo to modulate either patch volume or oscillator volume. Make sure the oscillator volume in the VC osc tab is set to 0 that way with positive modulation in the matrix it will basically make the sound go from 0 to full causing this pumping effect your on about. have the lfo set to 1/4 for the classic kick ducking effect.
    Worth a shot :)
    Also make sure the lfo trig phase is set to 1 and in sync, change the oscilator volume in the osc tab to change the amount of pumping that you want

+1

Easiest way of achieving this.

• Try using the Input Follower in the effects section, it replaces the Filter Envelope. Using the mod matrix set the Filter Envelope to control volume and patch your drum signal into the audio inputs of the Virus. It won't be exactly the same as a sidechained compressor, but if you fiddle around you may get something suitable.

Of course, this means you lose the Filter Envelope itself! :S It would be nice if the Input Follower didn't replace the Filter Envelope, but that's life 8)

The Amp Envelope can be routed in the mod matrix to the filter so it controls both the filter and amp like in a lot of early synths.

• Bro, this is easy and I do this all the time with the Virus. Put your Virus into 3 output mode. Send the pad sound into output 2. In your DAW, sidechain output 2's channel against your kick.

Presto!

• Try using the Input Follower in the effects section, it replaces the Filter Envelope. Using the mod matrix set the Filter Envelope to control volume and patch your drum signal into the audio inputs of the Virus. It won't be exactly the same as a sidechained compressor, but if you fiddle around you may get something suitable.

Of course, this means you lose the Filter Envelope itself! :S It would be nice if the Input Follower didn't replace the Filter Envelope, but that's life 8)

The Amp Envelope can be routed in the mod matrix to the filter so it controls both the filter and amp like in a lot of early synths.

I can confirm this method works well :D

I always thought the envelope follower was a shaping tool for inputs never touched it until now, funnily enough I was thinking of requesting sidechain modulation looks like I don't have to.

Thanks a million :thumbup: