(Solved) Windows 7 running Cubase 5 and VirusTI2 with op system 4 is producing crackles and sync errors. Anybody help with this?

• Windows 7 running Cubase 5 and VirusTI2 with op system 4 is producing crackles and sync errors. Anybody help with this? Im running a faster dual core laptop on windows 7 home and somethings conflicting with my virus. Any idea what I an adjust or is the problem a windows 7 with virus compatability

• Windows 7 running Cubase 5 and VirusTI2 with op system 4 is producing crackles and sync errors. Anybody help with this? Im running a faster dual core laptop on windows 7 home and somethings conflicting with my virus. Any idea what I an adjust or is the problem a windows 7 with virus compatability

did you have a working system before you've installed OS4?

marc

• Ive got a reply from support now and emailed them furthur info -to sum up: the crackles are present when the signal from my midi keyboard is playing the virus via windows 7 using cubase 5. The crackles appear for no apparent reason as though a wave of interferance comes over everything. The crackles and sync problems pass after a few seconds or by pressing stop and then play. The crackles resume anytime up to a minute later. The virus plugin doesn`t always show an error message at the bottom of its window to indicate a sync error has occured. Ive not had this problem with windows xp using cubase 3sx previously Its still ongoing so if anybody else has any ideas please reply to this thread.

• Ive tried all these already and its made no difference, Ill keep adjusting the buffer though. Maybe Ill find a compromise. I have read about this overloading the laptop cpu in the getting started manual, Im pretty convinced this is whats happening. WHen I did a export to audio mixdown I kept getting CPU overload message appearing.

• Ive tried all these already and its made no difference, Ill keep adjusting the buffer though. Maybe Ill find a compromise. I have read about this overloading the laptop cpu in the getting started manual, Im pretty convinced this is whats happening. WHen I did a export to audio mixdown I kept getting CPU overload message appearing.

we did some tests this week with windows 7 / OS4 and a RME sound card on a core duo PC with 4GB of ram. 64 samples was a no-go (which was fine with the same card on a G5 mac) as well as bouncing a track with more than say 50% load on cubase - independently of Virus Control being instantiated or not. we are looking into this right now but so far, it might be a general problem which we need to investigate.
    we don't get sync errors though and no popping or crackling when using e.g. a buffer size of 256 samples.

best, marc

• OK, thanks for all your help Marc with everything, I really appreciate this level of support. Ill keep trying all different settings in the devices setup and anything else I can think of. Ive got an older laptop with xp and cubase sx3 on so Ill use that in the meantime and Ill let you know if and when I overcome this problem. Your operating sytstem updates are quite frequent so I will see if any new or older versions work any better

Kind Regards Chris .

• Ok Ive done the following and I hope im now free of this wretched crackling and sync problem ,pretty much anyway. I get a slight crackle now and then now but the syncs spot on even with 16 tracks using all the TIs voices.
    On my laptop which is a pretty average Samsung RS19 Pentum R dual core, 4gb ram, 2.2 ghz 32bit with a Realtek soundcard running windows 7 home premium and cubase 5.1.1 for windows 7. Ive set it to optimised performance and in advanced settings of power options Ive changed usb selective suspend setting to disabled. The fan is going all the time. The laptops and its usb ports basically going at 100% all the time now which the ti2 needs when your working 10 - 16 tracks and a lot of voices.
    I am using the Ti virus TI asio 2.8.31 driver, I guess this comes with The TIs operating system version 4.0 that I have installed. Ive set system performance to fast and Application priority to above norma to get the best resultsl.
    In the advanced options Ive set Audio priority to boost ,Multi processing is enabled, Disk preload is set to two seconds. Record shift set to 512 samples.

Thanks for all you help, ill forward this to access support

• Thankfully got this sorted at long last. ^^
    After buying a new laptop early this year, I have been having serious annoying crackles and even sync problems using my ti2 with cubase 5 on windows 7 via virus control. After changing usb settings, virus audio driver settings. Latency settings, usb leads and even reverting back to cubase sx3 and having given up returned my TI2 back to access to check it :S . I found the problem to be the inbuilt wireless lan card is the problem. Id not previously disabled this as my ti2 worked fine with my last laptop that had a wireless and was not causing any problem. It was that simple 8o . Got a really fast daw and a shit hot TI2 working in sweet harmony now ^^ .

• Hey Chris or anybody really, I am having same problem with my new i7/Cubase5/Windows 7/64bit DAW and my Virus TI Snow, I do not have a lan card on my new PC (unlessits built in on my motherboard, how do I find out?), so was it really the wirelress card? how would this affect a VIrus going through USB?

Any help is appreciated! The crackling is horrible, I cant export anything, and long renders go out of time..... Mind you this is only in some projects, and in thos projects I took out ALL vsts, deleted everything else but the midi track and the crackling is still there....

help!

• Switching off the lan stopped crackles but left some clicks and I was still having sync problems which Ive now resolved that with a complete reboot of my laptop installing the latest cubase 5.1.2 32bit version, the latest virus driver 4.02. and all left all settings as initially set up as win 7 apart from setting - power managemnet to performace. Now the lan is always card is running and doesnt have any interference. Id try this first if I were you, Ive got no clicks, pops or sync errors at all at the minute touch wood.

If not the Lan connection is in my case is accessed by clicking start button - control panel - network and sharing center - view network sharing center and tasks - then in blue writing in the middle of page is "connect or disconnect" click this and it will disconnect. On my laptop you can also disable the lan in bios. Reboot pc then press f2 or whatever you machine says to enter bios, you should have a disable option in there.

One of the above will hopefully sort it

cheers Chris