Help setting up Axiom 49 to be used as control surface for Virus TI Snow

• I've got an Axiom 49 controller that I'd like to set up as a controller for my Snow. I've got the list of CC's from elsewhere in the forum and I understand how to map the controls on my Axiom to them, but I'm having trouble figuring something out and I can't tell if it's a limitation of the Axiom or if I'm just missing something easy.

While the Axiom has 20 presets that can be loaded at a time, unlike say, the Korg Nano series, it seems like you can't have more than one "scene" within a given preset- that is, if I want to set up a preset for control of my Snow (which has plenty of parameters to control), I can only map 9 faders and 8 rotary encoders to that preset, if I want to map more than those 17 controls I need to write/save another Axiom preset, I don't have the option to have more than one bank or layer within a specific preset. Setting up another preset is fine I suppose, it just seems like there might be another way. Automap-type functions aren't helpful since I don't want to have to use the various Virus Control screens while I'm playing in order to control the synth, I want to do it all from my controller.

Anyone else use an Axiom and map the controls to a Snow? Do you have a better/more efficient method?