TIOS 3.1.0.0 Released

• Fringe glad you got it going at least!

Shandor, I'll send you some detail tomorrow; i'm virused out and need some sleep.. too much cheez for one night :)

Thanks, additive. Go and have a nap!!! We don't want to loose the one for whom this release seems actually to work! :thumbup:

• Had no luck at all with either 3.05 or 3.1 versions. Virus even without USB connection keeps crushing, hanging and God knows doing whatever it likes. Feels pretty sick thought.

i don't know if you want to imply that something doesn't work with windows 7 or you had crashes with windows vista/xp. if you're talking about windows 7 - please note that windows 7 is not a supported OS and your mileage might vary. we currently support XP and Vista.

best, marc

• wow wow wow, did i miss something? what are we talking about in here? Is this a driver that might work for x64? I thought we would know if there is a driver released for x64.... Explain Admins..

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• you are probably aware of the fact that the driver hasn't changed ...

best, marc

Hi Marc, if you read, it mentioned VIDEO CARD DRIVERS as in for my Nvidia Graphics card. It was causing strange issues with VC GUI since 3.05, previous worked fine. A roll back of the video card drivers has solved the locking up I was experiencing. Seems new video card drivers don't work well with the latest builds of VC.

• i don't know if you want to imply that something doesn't work with windows 7 or you had crashes with windows vista/xp. if you're talking about windows 7 - please note that windows 7 is not a supported OS and your mileage might vary. we currently support XP and Vista.

best, marc

Dear Marc,

I had winxp pro sp3 before installing w7 x86. I tried 3.05 on winxp pro. No luck at all. The weird thing, is that my virus crashes even without usb connection after about 1 minute. And it's very often. It was mostly rare moments when I used virus without crashing at all. At some point in session, it always does. Don't get me wrong, that thing sounds amazing, but man that's frustrating!

Right now, after updating to 3.1 it crashes in standalone mode with or without usb cable. It certainly does when system tries to install those drivers via device manager. Sometimes it just goes in update mode by its own. Sometimes, and that's my first, it freezes completely with black screen and all led lit on. And sometimes ( :) ) it crashes on "connection established" dialog and freezes on it. I think I had it all.

I've never come to use 16 parts though. The max I could get with virus control is 6 parts and not because of dsp power as I don't use internal effects like reverb or delay. When it does work, it has that unbelievable sound, but I really must cross my fingers and everything I can actually cross and pray it won't crash in the middle of composing session, 'cuz that almost always make me turn off the computer and go for a walk to cool down.

regards,
    sH

• I had winxp pro sp3 before installing w7 x86. I tried 3.05 on winxp pro. No luck at all. The weird thing, is that my virus crashes even without usb connection after about 1 minute. And it's very often. It was mostly rare moments when I used virus without crashing at all. At some point in session, it always does. Don't get me wrong, that thing sounds amazing, but man that's frustrating!

if your virus crashes out of the blue in standalone using 3.0.5 or 3.1.0 i would recommend you to get in touch with support. in my opinion the hardware is not okay. and yes, that sounds frustrating.

best, marc

• The beta working perfect so i beter not change to release version! lol and is it x64 supported or not? just a simple altering in the code so the 32bit version can be installed on 64bit system. Come on!

• Hello, The new OS doesn't work! It causes my DAW to stop responding. I am desperate to find an older version that is stable. Can anyone help?

By the way, the beta OS 3.0.5 was making Win XP open funny and ask me to contact the vendor of whatever the new software I installed was. It was Access.

The Snow is a beautiful instrument. I wish I could use it. :(

• your user details indicate that you're using reaper. reaper is not a supported host. do you have those crashes with supported hosts as well? if so, send an arrangement/project into support and we will happily have a look at it.

best, marc

No no, I use Reaper only in the mean time. It crashes in FL Studio and not always. If I will find something specific that causes it - i will send the project.

• What you're describing sounds nearly EXACTLY like what I'm getting with my new Virus TI2 Polar. I've been dialoging with support and they are now coming to the conclusion that there is an issue with the unit itself.

BTW, I have a completely different setup to yours (Mac OS X 10.5, Logic 8/9). I'd definitely recommend contacting support.

• Hi there.

TIOS 3.1.0 is the first update which recogne the two virus I have. so it's great.

But I have seen in download section that is not compatible with OSX 1O.6, What happen when I'll install OSX 1O.6?. OSX Crash?

best regards.

• well like you said yourself. it's not compatible so it will not work properly i am afraid. ^^