A version mismatch has been detected OS 3.1.0.0

• it´s getting stranger, updated to 3.1.0.0 new public version

now when i open vc it tells me:

"a version mismatch has been detected, the version of virus control is not compatible with your host

you need to launch virus control center"

in virus controlcenter it shows me the right os 3.1.0.0

• Same here

Installed 3.1.0.0 twice but still get the " driver mismatch" error
    Deinstalled the old drivers manualy but with no result
    There is defintly something wrong with this version!

br

• the funny thing is when you open vc and it tells you version missmatch, the virus self is opening with all the sounds, so you also can play it

but vc is just showing this stupid message

• Hi,

the error you are experiencing means:

you are using a copy of Virus Control that does not match the version that is actually installed.
    This usually happens if you copy the plugin DLL somewhere to a different VST Plugin path and don't hint the installer to the correct one.
    Please install the 3.1.0.0 again and make sure, that the page "Confirm the VST install location" shows the plugin directory of your sequencer.

-timo

• same here didn´t change the vsts folder

now heres what i found out:

if you point it to exactly where the vst should be put in like:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 4\VSTPlugins\synths\Access Music

then it creates a second folder again with "access music" so that shouldn´t happen

if you delete access music folder, then it creates only one access music folder, but you still get the error

• when i start my virus the display shows version 3.1, the controll center says the same. but when i start the controll center my virus display shows: version 3.04 for a short time.

• Have tried 3.0.5 & 3.1.0

Both have similar issues

Virus has run perfectly on my rig since Jan this year. All beta updates ran fine.

Ran 3.0.5 and whilst it installs seamlessly Cubase 5 will not recognise it has attached.

Have used sames usb port and desintalled everything and resintalled after reboot etc.

Updated again no issues still

No use in Cubase 5.

Changed USB lead and again same issue.

Either cant see virus or asks to do a reset reboot (done several times)

Also states could be due to too many USB Hardware devices attached.

Same as before but tried with less.

USB Dongle

Access virus TI

mouse

Keyboard

Nothing has changed still wont play ball

Went back to 3.0.4 still no good same issue.

Trying 3.1.00 now but not holding hope

Think I may have a knackered Virus just through updates or something is
    seriously wrong and corrupted everything on my system which is hard to
    believe/conceive.

Updated after full desinstall of 3.0.5 to 3.1.00 thinking official will be fine.

Again same USB port, new cable, reset VIrus.

Installed drivers and Virus has updated to 3.1.00 and displays this on hard reset.

Load up Cubase 5 and guess the what!

Now it says doesn't recognise the virus as same firmware update.

Correct me if wrong but the firmware is 3.1.0 and the virus control is showing 3.1.0...

Totally Deinstalled virus and all traces including deleting virus ti.dll & snow.dll from

c:\program files\ Steinberg\Cubase5\VSTplugins
    c:\program files\common files\vst3

registry cleaned using ccleaner

Just trying update via VCcontrol in start menu\access\support using OS updater, even though it shows as mathing see Picture 3.... as advised still no good.

ITS SHAFTED! Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What started this was trying to install and get 3.0.5 beta installed...it should not be this way :(

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5867/virus305issuetheorigina.png
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3214/myvirusneedscastrating.jpg]

What ever I do its the same!!!

Makes Cubae run very very slow when trying to load or setup. One think I noticed through all the installs it wont do the start up and hangs on the first circular boot up sequnce bar. If this help?

SERIOUSLY GETTING ME STRESSED< IRRITATED< F**** OFF AND WOUND UP> _ GETTING THAT DESTRUCTUVE FEELING - HELPLESS AND WHAT EVER I DO IT AINT WORKING>

WHAT THE HELL AS HAPPENED.

I understand how to remove, install, reset, wipe data, clean registrys, deal with PC viruses use XP, use cubase, setup plugins, set up routings, play middle C, make a cup of Tea

BUT MY VIRUS TI DONT WORK FOR ME - AT ALL THANKS...

Of course there are always the simple little things that CAN be overlooked yet I have to dsicover it on this occasion :( Want to cry :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: