• It would be very useful to 1. be able to get a text readout of all the current patch settings, and 2. be able to quickly compare the difference between the settings on two different patches, like the "diff" command in Unix. I don't think that would be very hard to implement. =D

• Okay Marc, I'm gonna have to call you out on this. This thread has been long dead, but I think my suggestion was a great one and a friend of mine shares my sentiments. He recently bought a Virus C, and I took the opportunity of borrowing it for a few days to copy off some old patches I had lying around in sound diver format and put them on my TI. He watched me going through all the parameters and trying to figure out what I was missing, and he got upset. He was like, "why don't they just give you some kind of printout of all the settings so you can just put them in?", and I thought, "EXACTLY!" This is a great idea. Now, sure, I could go ahead and do this with some convoluted script, but what if you guys change your format? Not to mention the fact that nobody else would be able to benefit from my hard work, unless I put it on sourceforge or something, and then I'd have to maintain it, etc. Comeon man, that's ghetto. This *is* a feature requests forum, and if we're just gonna tell everyone to go implement it themselves, then you might as well just put a message up saying "don't bother posting, because you can do it yourself!" Anyway, nothing but love and respect for Access music. Take it or leave it!

• Okay Marc, I'm gonna have to call you out on this. This thread has been long dead, but I think my suggestion was a great one and a friend of mine shares my sentiments. He recently bought a Virus C, and I took the opportunity of borrowing it for a few days to copy off some old patches I had lying around in sound diver format and put them on my TI. He watched me going through all the parameters and trying to figure out what I was missing, and he got upset. He was like, "why don't they just give you some kind of printout of all the settings so you can just put them in?", and I thought, "EXACTLY!" This is a great idea. Now, sure, I could go ahead and do this with some convoluted script, but what if you guys change your format? Not to mention the fact that nobody else would be able to benefit from my hard work, unless I put it on sourceforge or something, and then I'd have to maintain it, etc. Comeon man, that's ghetto. This *is* a feature requests forum, and if we're just gonna tell everyone to go implement it themselves, then you might as well just put a message up saying "don't bother posting, because you can do it yourself!" Anyway, nothing but love and respect for Access music. Take it or leave it!

Why didn't you export the sounddiver library to a MIDI file and put it into the patches folder for Virus Control?

-timo

• That would be the easiest thing to do LOL, but some people would like to learn how to program a synth and learn the hard way.

I think skychasernyc is on to something and i wouldn't mind his idea put in to action by the access team.

Unless that means more work for you guys and we don't want that now do me ha ha ha ha

• This *is* a feature requests forum, and if we're just gonna tell everyone to go implement it themselves, then you might as well just put a message up saying "don't bother posting, because you can do it yourself!"

there are things which can be done by third parties and other which cannot be done. i just wanted to point out that this can and needs to be done without our help. this is an attempt to offer a solution, because we will not work on that unless we find much more time than we have right now.

marc

• Hi guys,

I'm currently writing such a tool ("access-sysex midi file" -> "text printout" converter). There are lots of parameters, but I agree with Marc, it can totally be done by third parties.

I don't think the sysex format is going to change anyway, at least in a non backward compatible way (because it would invalidate every project using patches in the old format). When you see the current sysex format, it's rather obvious that it's an evolution of older versions (I own a Virus TI 1) and that some design concessions had to be made for the sake of compatibility. (It could also be that Access Music guys have their very own vision of parameter ordering :D ).

I'm going to share everything I have, from my (reversed) docs about the Access Music sysex format (if you're willing to write your own script) to my source code (which is not completely ready yet). I'll post on this thread again when it's ready.

Developers of the world, let's unite to build a collection of powerful accessvirus-related tools! ;)

• ]Developers of the world, let's unite to build a collection of powerful accessvirus-related tools!

AMEN BROTHER

• I don't think the sysex format is going to change anyway, at least in a non backward compatible way (because it would invalidate every project using patches in the old format). When you see the current sysex format, it's rather obvious that it's an evolution of older versions (I own a Virus TI 1) and that some design concessions had to be made for the sake of compatibility. (It could also be that Access Music guys have their very own vision of parameter ordering ).

great! contact me privately, if you need help.

best, marc

• Hi guys,
    here's my Access Music midi file parser.

You can download a windows executable here:
    https://launchpad.net/virussynthmanager
    (The download link is on the right, it is "midi_file.7z")

Here's a direct download link : http://launchpad.net/virussynt…e/+download/midi_parse.7z

The full source code is also available on the same page.

Many thanks to Marc and Joerg of Access Music for their help!

Here's how this tool is used :
    midi_parse --midifile my_patch_file.mid

It can also take raw midi input :
    midi_parse --rawfile my_raw_file.dump