allow plug-ins on each sperate channel on the 16 insturments

• i want the ability to add different compression and timebased processors ( differnt plug-ins) to each 16 multi timbrel parts without bouncing each file separately.

when i add au plugin on my virus channel 6 in logic it adds the plug in to all 16 channels... lame

i might as well use 1 channel of the os4 plugin and and bounce each part at a time.... if i could apply my daws plug-ins such as compressors eq reverb to separate channels it would be a HUGE HUGE time saver instead of me bouncing my individual tracks. thanks

ps i dont care about the color of the plugin
    cheers

• HI mate.

unfortunately this s impossible for the Virus Ti to do ay, this topic of multi plugin's on every channel has been talk about before..i cant find where on this forum it is so i can quote any one, but i do think Mark from access has stated that this cant be don.

The reasons for is that the band width on the USB wont be able to support or hold that much information to split every channel as a separate audio channel for you to add your plugin's.

Its a big shame....People have also asked it the Virus Ti line can use Firewire instead or USB 3.0, but once again i dont believe it can manage separating all 16 channels.

I guess because you have to bounce down to audio and then add your plugin's , Your final mix will sound better anyway....thats what i think anyway because you will need to be more aware of what your doing and it gives you a more professional studio feel i guess ..

I really hope helps you mate, sorry i can give more info about specs on the USB transfer rate but maybe one day the DAW companies will work along side Access,

8)

pps i dont care about the color of the plugin
    cheers LOL bwha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• this is a future request i know it does not work like that. that is why i am requesting it for the future product lol

bouncing tracks adds 2 more hours to my production

my post is about how the plug in version is useless having 16 midi instruments because i end up using 1 midi instrument and bouncing each section 1 at a time

there for i never use midi instrument cuz i can just bounce from 1midi track and then load a new patch on the same multi 1 - so i just recored pure analog so i can add my mastering plug-ins

skip 2 hours bouncing shit i just bounce directly before moving on to my next instrument . i

• Sorry mate, i didnt realsie you posted this on the future request section.

I cant go back to past people post for some reason, but like i said, People have asked this Question again and again on this forum (Especially on the future request section)...

Im not trying to be a prick about this mate, but you have to understand posting something like can we have multi channel Virus in the future request section is going to be heard by death ears. sad but true.

The Technology dose not exist............

Access dose realize this and i do believe Mark and the rest of the developers and engineers at Access would love for this to happend.

If you want Transfer rate specs mesg Mark from access, try and find out how much transfer rate is needed for one channel on your Daw and Times that by 16

This is a quote from http://www.everythingusb.com

How fast is USB 2.0?
    USB 2.0 has a raw data rate at 480Mbps, and it is rated 40 times faster than its predecessor interface, USB 1.1, which tops at 12Mbps. Originally, USB 2.0 was intended to go only as fast as 240Mbps, but in October 1999, USB 2.0 Promoter Group pumped up the speed to 480Mbps. As far as we know, effective rate reaches at 40MBps or 320Mbps for bulk transfer on a USB 2.0 hard drive with no one else is sharing the bus. Flash Drives seem to be catching up too with the some hitting 30MB/s milestone. For all we know, USB interface could become become the bottleneck for flash drives as early as 2008.
    Additional notes from Alex Esquenet - our engineer friend based in Belgium: "A fast usb host can achieve 40 MBytes/sec. The theorical 60 MB/sec cannot be achieved, because of the margin taken between the sof's (125 us), so if a packet cannot take place before the sof, the packet will be rescheduled after the next sof. On top of that, all the USB transactions are handled by software on the PC. For instance, a USB host on a PCI bus will send or receive the data via the PCI bus; the stack will prepare the next data in memory and receive interrupt from the host."

Believe me i am more that up for your idea and request on having Multi channel Virus so i can also add my plug-ins to.

The funny thing is i didn't realize it until i actually bought my Virus TI that i couldn't add multi FX on the channels, believe me i was going to scream!

Hopefully one day they will change all this. as advances in technology speed up day by day, Once that day arrives i do honestly think Access will be on it

:thumbup:

• My TI Snow supports 3 stereo channels over USB and in Cubase I can independently assign inserts for each one. It's not as easy to set up in Live, but it can be done there, too.

Yes, that's only 3 channels not 16 but rather than looking at the glass as half-empty I look at it as half full. What other hardware synths support 16 stereo audio channels over USB or Firewire? None. Besides, my Snow is only 4-part multitimbral 8)

When the TI series was first announced six years ago a lot of people were still using USB 1.1 machines, USB 2.0 had only been around for 2 years at the time. By going with 2.0 Access would have closed the door to a large number of customers. I am an engineer myself and am familiar with the problem of specifying a product to use a certain standard interface only to have that interface become obsolete just as the product hits the streets. ;( Keep in mind that since synths don't sell in huge numbers like PCs there's less incentive to constantly introduce new models that are compatible with the latest standards.

Since USB 3.0 got mentioned, quick how many computers have USB 3 today? How many peripherals are on the market? Almost none! But in 2 or 3 years users will be complaining about "slow" USB 2 devices connected to their USB 3 computers 8|