Drum patches wanted - Jungle, rock , Industrial.

• The Drums on my TI2 are great analogue sounds and Ive used them extensively on my music. Im after some Jungle, rock and Industrial type drums sounds if anybody knows where I can get some to burn into one or two of my virus banks. Im trying to use my virus for everything but vocals at the minute for some of the music Im producing so if possible I dont want to connect other samplers etc to my setup.

Cheers

• Yes Id agree with that. Im sure the old virus models b and c had some good Jungle loop samples on. I have a virus b sample disk and its full of them but as far as im aware I cant load these sounds straight into my ti.

Im after drums sounds that inner party system and Pendulum use. I suppose I could add effects and edit the existing drum sounds on the ti but I want a quick solution really. If anybody has already done this Id be interested in how they did it or purchasing their efforts as Im dedicating time to make musical compositions and not spending hours creating and editing sounds at the minute. Ive been trimming envelopes, adding reverb, distortion and delay on existing sounds and have acheived some interesting drum effects. Even using all sorts of preset patches(not just drum sounds) but id like the traditional sounds as well. I dont like to add to many effects as it uses more voices which can overload my virus when Im using 10 - 16 tracks all together. There are limitations even on the extremely powerful processor of the ti2.

• My mistake the virus sample disc had some jungle drum loops on it but they were extras, not produced by the virus. Id be interested to know what drum sounds on the virus people are using for dubstep and jungle/ Drum and bass. and what other kit they recommend that works well

• Zitat

Id be interested to know what drum sounds on the virus people are using for dubstep and jungle/ Drum and bass. and what other kit they recommend that works well

in those styles most artists use highly processed acoustic samples/loops, and if using a synth, i'd recommend this just for layering to support a certain frequency range;

jungle and drum'N'bass originally evolved on pitched funk and hip-hop drum-loops (vinyls simply played back at 45 than 33 rpm) just like the famous "Amen"-loop, which got already slaughtered a million times, for sure; ^^

choosing your drums actually depends on what you want; you can do it the hard way and start processing or even recording from scratch, or you stick to commercial libraries that contain wide selections of samples and loops;
    most drum samplers also provide a fair selection of sounds in their factory-banks;

best regards, gravity

• hey chris, my pleasure!
    yup, battery is a good choice, i use it myself; it comes with a fair selection of drumkits and it's a nice dedicated drum sampler;
    actually i have two licenses and one's surplus, :P but i recommend that you check it out thoroughly, make a few beats and you'll see how it performs for your workflow;

best regards, gravity