Snow OS4 Multi Mode very slow

• Just updated my Virus Snow to OS4. Just love the new features and that arp matrix thing is a blast.

But since I updated the multi mode got really slow. It takes at least 4-5 seconds when changing patches. Also when you tweak a parameter the response is delayed.

Is this because of the beta version of OS4 or could this be something else?

• Hey there,

im facing exactly the same problem. Even with two relatively simple patches Multi Mode is darn slow.

• I see the lag but never thought of it as a problem. Since OS4 came out the day I bought my Snow (seriously) I have no comparison with the previous OSes.

• Thanks for the answer Marc. Well, updated to 4.0.2.01 and the problem still seem to persist... Hope Access can resolve this issue soon as the multi mode is a very useful feature when playing live.
    Cheers,
    Can

• I am having this same problem with my Virus ti .
    JUst updated it to the latest OS .
    Im a professional Muscian and having this problem between songs live and in the studio is a little embarassing.
    Whats the answer gang ?
    Regards
    Franny

• On my TI Snow (OS 4.0.5.01+ Live 8.2 + Win7 x64) the Arp is not working anymore.
    I really dont know how to fix it. I don't want to rollback to any previous OS because that got me even more in to trouble when I did that before.
    Back then the Virus was just not recognized by the Ti-VST. Even when i got really sure its the right dll-Version that was loaded.

I cannot use the built in arp for half a year now. :(

• That sucks m8 . the arp is one of the main reasons i got the virus
    And as for going back and putting the previous os in ;( ive heard to many horror stories about that.
    OS 5 hopefully is the answer. God knows when that will be.

• That sucks m8 . the arp is one of the main reasons i got the virus
    And as for going back and putting the previous os in ive heard to many horror stories about that.
    OS 5 hopefully is the answer. God knows when that will be.

c'mon guys, the arp works fine. and you can downgrade and side grade to other version as much as you like. just un-install and re-install. read the manual, follow the instructions. if you need help, provide details. do you really think that an OS with a non working arp would hold long and there would be virtually no trace of it on this board ;) ?

best, marc

• I updated my snow to the latest beta a couple of days ago and my ARP has stopped working as well. I checked my config like the other fellow and all arpeggiators is set to enabled of course. This has only happened since the update I did on the weekend.

I hadn't plugged it into USB in 6 months so either the update or Ableton killed it. Kinda annoying because I like the Snow arp.

• I updated my snow to the latest beta a couple of days ago and my ARP has stopped working as well. I checked my config like the other fellow and all arpeggiators is set to enabled of course. This has only happened since the update I did on the weekend.

I hadn't plugged it into USB in 6 months so either the update or Ableton killed it. Kinda annoying because I like the Snow arp.

No smug and useless answers please Marc.

Scrap that, I never actually used it in Ableton so it couldn't be that. Just did a soft reset holding down the tap tempo button when plugging in power and no change. I removed the USB from the Virus (thinking maybe arps were controlled only on PC now) before the reset. I've also checked Arp patches and they work and when changing settings it does effect the patch. But applying an arp to any other patch does not do anything.