How to set up virus so you can put plugins etc on seperate channels???

• For more info check the recent featured requests forum---

--Quoted--
    HI mate.

unfortunately this s impossible for the Virus Ti to do ay, this topic of multi plugin's on every channel has been talk about before..i cant find where on this forum it is so i can quote any one, but i do think Mark from access has stated that this cant be don.

The reasons for is that the band width on the USB wont be able to support or hold that much information to split every channel as a separate audio channel for you to add your plugin's.

Its a big shame....People have also asked it the Virus Ti line can use Firewire instead or USB 3.0, but once again i dont believe it can manage separating all 16 channels.

I guess because you have to bounce down to audio and then add your plugin's , Your final mix will sound better anyway....thats what i think anyway because you will need to be more aware of what your doing and it gives you a more professional studio feel i guess ..

I really hope helps you mate, sorry i can give more info about specs on the USB transfer rate but maybe one day the DAW companies will work along side Access,

• How can this be lame if the Technology dose not exist..?

You must understand that in a production word, Nearly every artist i know will bounce down to Audio and then Add there plugin's afterward's

People that have used VST's first in the past are use to adding Extra plugin's during there production stage, but people have to understand that the Virus Ti line is a musical instrument and a Very Good peice of studio hardware.

In saying that if you really like a particular melody or tune you made, you will bounce down the audio for the final mix...but if you dont like the sound, you can always keep the Midi file and change the sound at a later stage in the production cycle.

Maybe one day in the bear future this could be possible, but for now its a no..

• Yes it can be done you just need the right software plugin (FX-freeze) that wraps the virus TI and then you can split every instrument from virus to a separate midi channel. I will post a tutorial soon when I have the time if my thread doesn't just get closed because of some strange argumentation. ( [WIN ONLY!] Get more instruments and polyphony with the Virus TI in your sequencer with this little sweet plugin: )

• Using Virus Control you have 3 stereo pairs you can use. That means you can split out at least your two most important parts to have their own processing while the other parts (2 in a Snow, 14 in other TIs) share the same processing. If this still isn't good enough, then bounce to audio.

Since each part already has it's own onboard effects this is actually pretty flexible.

• Actually it can be done with more than 3 channels, it can be done with 6 stereo channels;)
    U just need a sound card with at least 6 inputs.
    U have 3 usb channels and then using the real outs on the Virus TI u connect them to ur sound card. U route everything in your DAW and u got 6 stereo outs to freely assign plug-ins ;) which I think it's pretty good :)

• To Hanschr please you must understand that this thread was about the Access virus TI and your DAW, not about 3rd party plugin's....

By all means if this (FX-freeze) works then great, please provide a short Video tutorial and show us how this thing can work with 16 Multi separate Audio channels....and attaching extra Vst plugin FX all at the same time with out bouncing down audio if this possible to do so.

You must also understand that Access is not responsible for any performance malfunctions if you attach extra plugin's that possibly works and give the Virus 16 Audio channels......

Would all the parameters work .? if so thats alot of DSP power that the virus has to handle and it cant handle it!!. Would all the automation work also..?

These are questions you will encounter and more ,,,,WHY BECAUSE ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE VIRUS TO HAVE 16 SEPARATE AUDIO CHANNELS

To enossified Yes your correct 8) i do believe you can have Using Virus Control you have 3 stereo pairs you can use. That means you can split out at least your two most important parts to have their own processing while the other parts (2 in a Snow, 14 in other TIs) share the same processing. If this still isn't good enough, then bounce to audio.

WHY is it so important for you to have separate FX VST on each channel..? dont get me wrong this would be great if it was possible but its not..

So do it the normal way like every artist just like armin Van buren and tiesto all do, that is if you like a particular channel bounce down to audio and add your FX on that channel.

SIMPLE.

• I personally hate audio. I cant see what it offers that MIDI doesn't?

On my 15 year old JP I can put VST effects of each of its bi timbral parts. Im surely reading this thread wrong if you can't do this on my new ultra powerful Ti?

• After reading the thread again I realise that the question is not what I thought he ment multitimbral instances or something (I dont even know myself ;( ) Anyway apparrently as I read in several forums and websites no sequencer host lets you do that when you have a multitimbral plugin. You have to bounce to audio.... I just cant see why it cant be done when you can do all the rest... But I guess it has to be mase possible from the vst-instrument before possible in sequencers.

• the thing that gets me is the fact that every noob comes on to the forum asking this and gets told that they cant

dont you think that Access should have made this clear at the start before people go and spend A LOT OF MONEY

on gear that doesnt really live up to what they might have been lead to believe