Morphing between Patches

• I just got the idea that it could be nice and easy as well to integrate a morph fader, in order to morph between two or more sounds. What you think about this? With other words, two or more Patches are played multitimbral and you can blend from one Patch into the other) so you can create nice, very complex Pad sounds!!!

OK, it is possible to do this by using the volume fader of the patches, but it is not the same!

http://www.myspace.com/seelensolo

• madstyle, that is a great idea! After reading your post I thought about how easy this is to do. Here's how...

1st, Create a cool patch, let's say a lead.
    2nd, Create a different lead that you want it to morph into.
    3rd, (This is the important part) On your first lead patch, in a free Mod Matrix Slot set your Modulation Wheel as the source and the Patch Volume as the Destination. Set the Patch Volume to +63 on your first part. Do all of this again for the second lead, but this time set the Patch Volume in the Mod Matrix slot to -63.
    4th, Create a new Multi Mode setup where you load the first patch into channel one and the second patch into channel 2.
    5th, Set both patches to MIDI Channel 1.

Now by moving the Modulation Wheel up and down you can cross fade, or morph, between the two patches.

If you want even more excitement, do this again with pads and such that will create a really cool live effect where you can change or morph between to complex sounds while you are live on stage!

And for even more of a "Morph", you could set more then just the Patch Volume, you could use cutoff or whatever!

• I just got the idea that it could be nice and easy as well to integrate a morph fader, in order to morph between two or more sounds. What you think about this? With other words, two or more Patches are played multitimbral and you can blend from one Patch into the other) so you can create nice, very complex Pad sounds!!!

OK, it is possible to do this by using the volume fader of the patches, but it is not the same!

http://www.myspace.com/seelensolo

Love this.

This is one of the very few things I've always dreamed of that Access haven't already given us :)

• Morphing between patches would be definitely a great feature.

I think crossfading between two patches, (although a rather interesting technique as exposed before) is not the same as morphing, where many parameters will vary continuosly , producing intermediate unexpected combinations of parameters that can spawn completely different sounds. I mean, different from the two original patches.

• To erbalist: You set the MIDI Channels in the Multi-Edit while you are in Mutli Mode.

To TimeKode: Your right, that is more like fading then morphing. So...use more of you Modulation Matrix Slots. I mean really fill them us with opposite parameters. This would create more of a morphing sound, I bet!

• can you put more than one sound on midi chan 1 though ?
    how do you do it ?

See post #7 above. Use multi edit to set same MIDI channel for different patches. If you want, you can also assign different patches to separate regions on the keyboard, by setting the upper and lower range notes for each patch in multi-edit. :)

• Morphing between Patches

I just got the idea that it could be nice and easy as well to integrate a morph fader, in order to morph between two or more sounds. What you think about this? With other words, two or more Patches are played multitimbral and you can blend from one Patch into the other) so you can create nice, very complex Pad sounds!!!

http://d3ck.net/middy/

not the same butt close enough

• linking and cross-morphing two or more patches would be a nice feature, indeed;
    but due to the Virus' architecture it's not necessarily worth the effort, i'm afraid;
    i have the feature in NI's FM8 which allows automated morphing between four patches, which can produce very interesting sounds but this doesn't happen often plus the transitions are far from smooth;
    just thinking of synced lfo modulations or osc models, i believe there is too much hassle to implement for having a slight chance to achieve nice sounding results; :S

• you wouldnt need to morph between two patches but more between an A and B point like the morph mod wheel function on the nord lead

• Just see the state of the art in synth parameter based sound manipulation with Arturia soundmap in many V2.x VST updates.

If you want it plain "soft", try Topten Software's VST host Cantabile. It's VST editor windows have parameter based sound morph support too - so not meant for realtime tweaking but sound design - but is very flexible and works with any VST supporting parameter autiomation.

Don't fence yourself in the virus box, no device can do everything nor should it do everything. 8)

• Zitat

Don't fence yourself in the virus box, ...

the Virus is not quite a fence;
    actually i don't know any synth that has a wider sonic range than this and not just wide, it sounds brilliant in pretty much all its domains!

anyway, nobody is fenced in here, we're just discussing the optimization of this weapon, right? plus from what i know, appreciating users feedback is one of Access' main policies;
    and btw, how is that saying?: "necessity is the mother of invention", meaning a reduction in possibilities will rather quicken your creativity... 8o

• ...well, there's some stuff easier to get from other gear or software in minutes where you need to tweak a virus for hours... this is what I meant with "fence" - not trying to get everything from it. On the other hand there might be stuff much easier to get from a virus - so use it if you have one. In this sense every piece of gear or software is a fence...