Analogue outs = huuuuuuuge delay

• Hi, just go my Ti.

I want to use the analogue out puts. When I do this though my Ti is out of time with my VST drums. This sometimes happens with my other hardware but I just need to set it via the Track Delay feature to bring it slightly forward or back with a sub 100 setting either way.

With the Ti though I have to set a channel to sub/plus 1000 (the max you can have) and then set everything else a further 250 or so for anything to be in beat. Thats way different for my other kit as said a simple 100 does them.

Can anyone offer a fix?

I use USB instead of MIDI but mainly because I like using the browser function. TBH the rest of the Ti stuff doesn't interest me, just the browser if this helps with a solution.

• You can't really use the VC with analogs out. Even if you compensate with midi delay the clock won't be in sync.
    An option is to set the VC in live mode, but even then it's not in sync.

Why access can't make the VC work in sync and correct compensation with the analogs out is a mistery for me.

• Ive had less trouble using the analog outs than with USB. The sound quality is way better too.
    Have you tried messing with buffer settings?

• If your using the Virus for Drum's or percusion try bouncing doen to audio and use WAV Samples that you like in stead of relying on Midi for your drums.

For me well analogs out work great and everything is in sync...but i guess my case is a rare exception..

• Hi guys thanks for replies.

Im using Live 8 on XP with a MOTU 24 soundcard.

None of my other hardware is so badly out of sync telling me its the Ti and nothing else. If I change the sound card buffer setting to get the Ti sync wont the rest of my kit go out of sync as the buffer will apply to all my hardware?

Please note, I am not using VC now or any form of USB. Just good old MIDI and Audio. Does this affect things?

• In Live you can adjust the delay for track playback and for the midi clock.

Btw, what's not in sync, normal track playback or the tempo when using an arp ?

Make sure to send midi clock to the TI if you are not using the VC.