A few issues with the new OS 4 release

• I installed the 4.0.18 release and since then I get no audio out the first time I turn on the unit. I need to power it off a second time the unit. This happens when I unplug the unit and replug into the power line.

The second thing I experienced are "burps" made by some sounds from time to time. I play some notes then I get a burp and everything goes back to normal.

The third thing I got was a major crash with notes getting stocked and playing. Hitting the panic button didn't do anything. Thank God I wasn't having a live performance. Then I watched the Depeche Mode video on this website and I am not surprised to see the keyboardist with multiple instances of the same Access hardware. One to play, the other to use is the first one crashes? That what I call fault-tolerance.

The fourth thing is about the software (at least on the Mac). Why did you burry the patches in some cryptic location even inaccessible by the desktop search application.
    I mean, storing the files in /Library/Application/Access Music/... could have made simpler. How about storing them in a user specified location and having the user selecting the folder s/he wants to use?

While at it, why only burning to ROM? Can the transfer of patches happen to RAM so I can try before I zap other sounds?

When is the new update due? At this point, I am debating to keep the VI2 or sell it and go back to Clavia. I hope the next release of the OS changes my mind.

Thanks!

• the one on your website. Do you want me to send you the link? :)

Anyway, at $4K a pop, I can't afford to run my gigs with a backup unit when the VI2 decides to go south like it did twice already in the last two weeks. Are you planning to work on stabilizing the software before working on adding features? Just curious.

• I installed the 4.0.18 release and since then I get no audio out the first time I turn on the unit. I need to power it off a second time the unit. This happens when I unplug the unit and replug into the power line.

This does not happen here, or AFAICT, to other users. I have been making a point recently of switching the Virus off at the wall at the end of each day, and every day it boots up fine. I would suggest contacting support about this.

• This does not happen here, or AFAICT, to other users. I have been making a point recently of switching the Virus off at the wall at the end of each day, and every day it boots up fine. I would suggest contacting support about this.

Same here. I unplug my Virus directly and plug it back in and no issues at all.