OS 3 & OS 4 supported operating systems?

• hey.

i was reading thru the change log, but wasn't able to figure out, what versions of mac os x is supported by OS3 & 4..
    i have an old crappy g5 dual 2.7 and i want to go back with 10.4, but not sure if it works?

thanks,
    - Jani :)

• The minimum OS requirements are stated in the read me files of the installation/documentation. Currently, on the Mac it is Mac OS X 10.4.7 (yet, I recommend to update to the latest Tiger release).

-timo

• Yet another example of Access confusing people...why do they say on the download link...This software is compatible with MacOS X 10.5 or higher????
    Anyways I ran a few tests, firstly with the VST in Live & it runs fine...nothing extensive but so far so good. Next I tried the RTAS version in pro tools LE...couldn't get any sound out of the thing. The VC shows that it is putting out but no cigar. So I tried the demo session & voila! it works. Hurray! The arps are still a little out of sync occasionally but as good if not better than they where in OS3. Now this is what is really baking my noodle...If I create an instrument track & put VC as an insert on it, no sound comes out of the thing. However, if I import the instrument track from the demo session with the VC plug-in on it, it works fine. I have wasted an entire afternoon trying to figure out how this can be & I'll be honest it has got me beat...& I've been using pro tools for 8+ years. If anyone out there can shed some light on this (LIKE U ACCESS GUYS) I would appreciate it. The only difference I can see is that the demo was done on an HD pro tools set up as opposed to the LE set up I have.
    Now I'm going to pour myself a strong one, hit the bong heavily & listen to the Orbs 'little fluffy clouds'...its the only thing that is going to stop me taking a lump hammer to this bloody frustrating synth.

• Yet another example of Access confusing people...why do they say on the download link...This software is compatible with MacOS X 10.5 or higher????

the preferred way of download OS updates is to go to: http://virus.info/start - there you find the minimum OS requirement right above the download link. i think that's good enough for the most of us, especially because this link is printed on the red card which comes with the virus and asks you to download the software in the first place. the link actually says 10.4.6 which is correct.
    the reason why the documentation says 10.5. is that we are in the transition of moving to 10.5. and sooner or later 10.4.x will not work anymore. a precise date of when this will happen is not available at present, partly because we cannot predict which functions will be decapricated when and in which version by apple. one thing is for sure: right now it works fine with 10.4.6 and it is uncertain how long this state persists.

best, marc

• the preferred way of download OS updates is to go to: http://virus.info/start - there you find the minimum OS requirement right above the download link. i think that's good enough for the most of us, especially because this link is printed on the red card which comes with the virus and asks you to download the software in the first place. the link actually says 10.4.6 which is correct.
    the reason why the documentation says 10.5. is that we are in the transition of moving to 10.5. and sooner or later 10.4.x will not work anymore. a precise date of when this will happen is not available at present, partly because we cannot predict which functions will be decapricated when and in which version by apple. one thing is for sure: right now it works fine with 10.4.6 and it is uncertain how long this state persists.

best, marc

Not convinced that this link is the 'preferred' way as I never knew it existed (try finding this page on the site!), & I'm guessing that if you didn't buy your Virus brand new recently you are the same as me & just use the links on the Virus site to get to the download page. The fact remains you have conflicting info on 2 different download pages...THIS IS CONFUSING!
    When you say 'sooner or later 10.4.x will not work anymore' I guess you mean VC will no longer work with it right????? Well lets face it it doesn't work to good with it now...when are you going to do something about the crappy RTAS version???? Also why would Apple 'decapricate' functions from an operating system that they no longer update????
    Thanks for the explanation, everything is so much clearer now : (