Getting the Virus to respond to CC changes while in VC mode?

• Wondering if the Virus is accepting of incoming midi CC while in Virus Control mode? Here is what I am trying to do. While in Virus Control I have my patch setup the way I like. I would then like to use the midi plugin 'AUTO LFO' found in Cubase 5. This particular plugin allows you to choose a waveform type, a corresponding midi CC to control and the range from which the LFO will follow. Very basic stuff which works very well, except on the Virus. I mainly want to use this to overcome the limit of only having 3 LFO's found within the Virus. Having a midi plugin capable of acting as an additional LFO makes for endless possibilities as long as you know which CC is attributed to which function in the Virus you want to control. I started with CC 40 which I believe is Filter 1 Cutoff in the Virus. No audible change occured. I then tried more basic CC such as 7 for volume and 10 for pan. Again no change. I was thoroughly disappointed that my idea to get additional LFO's working with my Virus did not come to fruition. Is there something I am doing wrong, or does the Virus just not accept incoming Midi CC information while in VC mode? Has anyone gotten this to work, primarily using the actual AUTO LFO plugin contained within Cubase 5?

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Forget it, got it to work. Sorry for the confusion. The problem was the setup. Apparently the Auto LFO plugin only works on actual drawn in midi data being played back. I was under the assumption I could just highlight the midi channel in question and while playing the plugin would work. This is not the case. Once I had actual midi data drawn in, sure enough the plugin was working with VC as should. I set the LFO to 40 and watched VC as the Cutoff knob flipped around as expected.

• Forget it, got it to work. Sorry for the confusion. The problem was the setup. Apparently the Auto LFO plugin only works on actual drawn in midi data being played back. I was under the assumption I could just highlight the midi channel in question and while playing the plugin would work. This is not the case. Once I had actual midi data drawn in, sure enough the plugin was working with VC as should. I set the LFO to 40 and watched VC as the Cutoff knob flipped around as expected.

not a bad idea though, have you talked to Steinberg bout it

been trying this for several weeks with third party stuff but not really getting there

• not a bad idea though, have you talked to Steinberg bout it

been trying this for several weeks with third party stuff but not really getting there

Steinberg is pretty useless when it comes to acknowledging potential enhancements when it comes to their programs. In the meantime, as long as I have something to play back, the plugin works as should, so it is better than nothing.

• ive heard that cubase 5.5 has a lot of modulation enhancements so heeres hoping

but what i'd really love is a third party modulator CC plugin that actually works

been trying to get to grips with the input transformer in Vst but feeling pretty much like a caveman with a rubiks cube