TI Snow or TI2 Desktop??

• Hi everyone.

I would like to buy a Virus, but im not sure which one i should buy.
    Theres a big difference between the price of TI Snow and TI2 Desktop, and im wondering what the difference between the 2 synthesizers are....?
    I can see that the Snow has 512 RAM, and TI2 Desktop has 1024 RAM, so that tells alot of the core in it.
    - But, how much does that mean for a producer? Does the snow contains the same "machine" as the Desktop??

Im just wondering if i would get sad by buying a Snow (because of the price), if the Desktop can do alot more powerful stuff...
    Cuz then i would love to pay a little more, for a machine that can do alot more power ;)

- Can anyone tell me the exact differences between these 2 machines, so i can decide what to buy??

PS. Im an FL Studio user, mayby there's something you guys can tell me about that, like delay, etc...

Thanks in advance!

• The Snow has the same sound engine as the Desktop but is limited in the following ways:

-- Maximum polyphony for the Snow is only half that of the Desktop (50 vs. 100)

-- Four parts in a multi for the Snow vs. 16 for the Desktop

-- Single stereo output for the Snow vs. 3 stereo outs for the Desktop

-- Desktop has more knobs for faster programming and more real time control when playing.

-- Snow has no MIDI THRU

It's up to you to decide how important those limitations are to YOU.

• trust me.the desktop rocks its socks off

but then a good second hand Virus B is worth every penny(just give it a good road test first)

• If you can get the CASH, then definitely get the Desktop.....

I encountered the same problem when i was first deciding but what really made me choose the Desktop model was that i know if i didn't spend a little bit more to get the desktop i was never going to be happy...

I had my eye on that thing from day one.

Plus you can rack mount it also so when the day comes that you need a Studio, you will know that it will fit nicely.

• I have the TI 2 61Key Keyboard
    The SNOW is a very good choice, but the TI 2 Desktop has alot more versatility for the xtra $
    Like everyone says, if it's just simple patches, adjustments, there's not a better synth out there than the SNOW
    You will in time second guess yourself for not buying the TI 2 unit, believe me you will become dissatisfied with unhappiness to follow
    I made the decision to buy the TI 2 61Key, i knew i had to have the TI 2 and i'm glad i made that choice because it's an awesome Synth!!!!
    Even though i could'nt afford it,i financed it last Xmas 2010 & will be paid for in June 2010.
    Just get the TI 2 unit.............you'll be happy you did! 8)

• The desire will never end ...

I got a Ti2 Keyboard as well ... but now I spend most of my days obessing about getting a Polar to put on the upper teir keyboard stand.

Why? Because it looks nice and 2 is better than 1 and I'm an ungrateful spoilt b*stard. :thumbup:

Glad I got the 61 keys though ... I'm actually having 'piano lessons' again at the moment, so it is great to have the full octaves.

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• The keys on the 61 feel awesome too, best on any synth I've tried. It was a tough call going for the smaller Polar instead of the 61 this time....

• If you only work in a studio, you need no analog multi-outputs and you can freeze TI tracks when you use lots of them (i.e. polyphony and processor power not critical issues), definitely save the money and buy a Snow. The results in your music will be virtually identical to a TI/TI2. In any other case, the TI/TI2 is a better choice.

• Hmm...

If we just forget the buttons on the machine, and think of its machine inside, and what sounds it can perform, would the desktop still be better then??

Or: Can the snow perform the same synths as the desktop??