Cant get tutorial going

• one of the first things the tutorial manual asks to do is load the tutorial templates overiding Ram A

It says to use sound driver.
    Is sound driver part of the virus or a computer program?
    I've been through the configure menu on the hardware and looked in the software on my cpu.
    I know this is vague but maybe there is a simple fix.

I'll get back with more specifics tomorrow.

• O.k. so then how do I translate the old terminology in the tutorial if the language is different?

Where/how do I load the tutorials in the VC?

I want to learn my virus inside and out but I can't even hurdle this first step.

• Sound Diver was the default way to edit and organize patches on your computer before V.C. replaced it. So when an older tutorial says to use Sound Diver, use Virus Control instead.

There should be a .mid file that comes with each tutorial, copy it into the directory where your other patch files are and V.C. will be able to load it.

Which tutorial are you trying to run?

• i think the sound examples produced for the "programming analogue synths" book/tutorial by howard scarr might have this obviously outdated info somewhere in a readme file. the standard midi files (.mid) read fine with virus control, the virus control tutorial explains where to put those files in order to make virus control aware of it.

cheers, marc